Tire rotation

Gt1948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Has anyone gottem maint. sub minder 1 to rotate tires?

What was your mileage?
Sponsored

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Mine hasn't come up yet, but it's showing 30% for my first oil change, with an A1 code. At about 6,000 miles presently, so this should hit with the first oil change. I'm speculating based on the current burn rate that I'll have oil change / tire rotation both popping with the 15% warning around 7,200.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Has anyone gottem maint. sub minder 1 to rotate tires?

What was your mileage?
I have 6,700 miles, 40% oil life remaining, and no tire rotation notification yet. Did yours come on? At what mileage?

lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016/Honda Civic 2004
Hey! I know this is an old post but just want to add...because my light just turned on today at 6,890 miles @ 15%-and the maintenance guy said I needed maintenance A1-tire rotation besides my oil change (based on my driving). I was a bit reluctant because normally I wait till my second oil change or to be at 10,000 mi to do the A1 maintenance that Honda just suggested, but what the guy explained - how this is determined sounded reasonable. Just seemed too soon but oh well.

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey! I know this is an old post but just want to add...because my light just turned on today at 6,800 miles @ 15%-and the maintenance guy said I needed maintenance A1-tire rotation besides my oil change (based on my driving). I was a bit reluctant because normally I wait till my second oil change or to be at 10,000 mi to do the A1 maintenance that Honda just suggested, but what the guy explained - how this is determined sounded reasonable. Just seemed too soon but oh well.
They went a different way at my dealership, suggesting that I wait for the second oil change to get my tire rotation, even though it was showing A1 (this was around 8,000 miles). I ignored their advice and got the tire rotation done anyway.

Dealership had offered two free oil changes and one free tire rotation with the purchase of the car. So one more free oil change, then I can pretty much not deal with them any more.

OP
OP

Gt1948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
They went a different way at my dealership, suggesting that I wait for the second oil change to get my tire rotation, even though it was showing A1 (this was around 8,000 miles). I ignored their advice and got the tire rotation done anyway.

Dealership had offered two free oil changes and one free tire rotation with the purchase of the car. So one more free oil change, then I can pretty much not deal with them any more.
Called Honda and they said stick with the car's computer maintenace schedule. Thats schedule is based on your driving and not the dealers profit motive.

lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016/Honda Civic 2004
Thank you, Gt1948 that's what the Honda maintenance guy told me:) I'm just trying to take better care of my car because with my old Honda 04 I could probably count the times I gave it an oil change! thank God I also purchased it new, but I was horrible with it and it's still running smoothly!

**lucky you I didn't get crap free.. not even my first oil change, but the price was great!

alpineshepherd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have a similar question. My "1" code for tire rotations came on much earlier than others here, probably around 4k miles. Car was misaligned from the factory, so I had alignment performed around 6k miles at my dealer. Could the misalignment be the reason my 1 code came up sooner?

Also, when I first noticed it went from A to A1 I called the dealer. They said I wouldn't need to have the tires rotated until the wrench appeared and that then I'd be due for oil & rotation. Does that sound right? Now I'm thinking the wrench just comes on for oil. And that I should've rotated as soon as the 1 code popped up.

I'm pretty confused if you can't tell. Any advice? Thanks all.

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
The 1 comes up when the maintenance recommendation is to get it done with the oil change. It just means that by the time you're projected to get an oil change, you're also projected to get the tire rotation. What percentage were you at when it hit 4k? If it was somewhere around 50%, it was likely predicting that you're be getting the oil changed around 8,000. That makes perfect sense, given that 16,000 for an interval is longer than one should go.

alpineshepherd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was probably around 50-60% oil life at that time. Okay so I am still on track it sounds like. A co-worker made me worried when he said he rotates his tires at 5k regardless. Different make but he said I should, too.

So really, I don't need to worry about the codes until the wrench appears, correct? Thanks for the reply.

alpineshepherd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Exactly that. The codes just tell you what's going to be due when the wrench does appear. Enjoy your nice oil change interval there!
Cool. Thanks again. At this rate I'm not so sure my maintenance plan will pay for itself like I'd expected lol. I've been easy on it lately, lots of highway miles too.

some1livesintexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic ex 2016
about 7,700mi. my oil life reached 15%, so i changed the oil and rotates tires.
Sponsored