TheSeventhZ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I know these tires won't be performing at their best, but will they still be safe to drive on? They came already on the rims I recently bought. Should I be worried about blowouts or other catastrophic problems?
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
If the tires has cracks due to old age, it is best to replace them for safety.

OP
OP

TheSeventhZ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I know these tires won't be performing at their best, but will they still be safe to drive on? They came already on the rims I recently bought. Should I be worried about blowouts or other catastrophic problems?
Honda Civic 10th gen Tire rot 20210723_171606

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire rot 20210723_171554

OP
OP

TheSeventhZ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When is the production date?
No clue. Seller didn't say. I've drove on them for just a little, and it seemed like they were oversteering more than the a/s I had on before, but there is a decent amount of tread still on them...

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
week 9 of 2018 isnt that old. The sidewalls aren’t really cracking. I wonder if they were ran too low or too high on air pressure for too long.

The sidewall on one of the pictures looks kinda rough actually. like it was curbed a bunch parking on the street.

OP
OP

TheSeventhZ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
week 9 of 2018 isnt that old. The sidewalls aren’t really cracking. I wonder if they were ran too low or too high on air pressure for too long.

The sidewall on one of the pictures looks kinda rough actually. like it was curbed a bunch parking on the street.
Yeah, I thought that was quite weird. Tread depth is pretty good too. Do you think I'd be risking it by driving on them?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Yeah, I thought that was quite weird. Tread depth is pretty good too. Do you think I'd be risking it by driving on them?
Hard to say. I don’t think the rubber is too old. The cracks appear to be on the surface.

I personally would be bothered by it and replace them. But i’ve also got pretty bad OCD.

I don’t think you’ll have a blowout if you decide to let em ride. They look like a summer or track tire. Maybe they were just pushed hard at the track in turns and the edges got really hot and cracked.