Naga

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon Civic owner?
Country flag
For those of you who have versions of the Civic without a spare tire, you have probably noticed that the insert which holds the compressor and fuel tank funnel also has several other empty compartments. My questions are:

1. Do these compartments have officially intended uses?

2. What useful items have you put in these compartments?

I presently have a couple spare cans of Fix-A-Flat placed in one, and a pack of hand towels in another.
Sponsored

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I've stuffed a thinner gauge jumper cable kit into the deeper, more square cubby and a folded reflective vest into the shallow long cubby.

I doubt there are official uses for them.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
For those of you who have versions of the Civic without a spare tire, you have probably noticed that the insert which holds the compressor and fuel tank funnel also has several other empty compartments. My questions are:

1. Do these compartments have officially intended uses?

2. What useful items have you put in these compartments?

I presently have a couple spare cans of Fix-A-Flat placed in one, and a pack of hand towels in another.
I placed a small carry bag with Jumper cables in it. But ill be buying the "Spare Tire Kit" that is a actual spare and jack included.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great spot for contraband.;)

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
I have a can of fix-a-flat as i plan on not running the run flat tires and i have a 1/2in spare ratchet and a deep well 19mm socket in case i need to remove the wheel and tire i also have a small bottle jack as that is all that will fit because its so little space back there.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I placed a small carry bag with Jumper cables in it. But ill be buying the "Spare Tire Kit" that is a actual spare and jack included.
Hi,
Do you have part numbers for the spare kIt?
Thanks

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope as soon as I found a spare tire kit at a some what reasonable price I bought it. There is no way I'm going to rely on a compressor to get me out of a bad situation.

Lilruben1

Ktuned ‘18 Si
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I use the wider portion for my front license plate (although Texas requires a front license plate I haven’t had any problems not running it but I keep it there just in case) as well as for other small items I have replaced on my car including various bulbs such as interior lighting and brake lights that I have replaced. The deeper pocket I use for jumper cables because the stock Si battery dies quite quickly in accessory mode (you can find threads on it)

Rudomundo

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jack, lug wrench, first aid kit, etc. No, it doesn't fit flat and no, I don't care. I got a fifth wheel with my summer tire setup that I will schlep around on road trips. Haven't figured out how to tie down the spare, but might try big pieces of styrofoam or something to wedge it in there.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire Repair Kit Extra Compartment Uses 20190324_092241

Rudomundo

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: Cut up the box my sway bar came in so the spare fits in there snugly. Ready for a road trip!

Honda Civic 10th gen Tire Repair Kit Extra Compartment Uses 20190331_123044
Sponsored