Tire recommendations for Si/Sport for best all season grip (daily driven in CA)

BeyondInferno

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si 4dr
2017 Si 4 door with the (garbage) Goodyear Eagle Sport all season. With the stage one Ktuner from Vit I break loose when it hits power in 2nd gear. Brakes lock up pretty easy too.
I was looking at the Cooper RS3-G1, Yokohama Avid EnVigor, and Michelin Pilot Supersports. There isn't a ton of reviews on the Coopers, but the few I found are overwhelmingly positive and claim better wet/dry performance than the Pilots. A cowoker swears by the the Yokohamas. Anyone have good info on any of these?

I'm not trying to run track day tires on my commute, but there has to be something out there that is a good all-arounder leaning on the high performance side. By the way, I'm definitely sticking with the stock 235/40/18's.
Sponsored

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Cooper RS3-G1 and Yoko Avid Envigor are all season, believe you will want summer tires instead

How much do you drive for commute?

If low mileage you can consider Falken Azenis RT615K+ / Hankook R-S4 (these last about 10000-14000miles with no track/autocross events)

If you have high mileage, Michelin Pilot Supersport is one of the best if price is not a concern, or the Bridgestone Pole Position S04 at a slightly lower cost but also slightly lower performance.

the new Michelin Pilot 4S (make sure it is the 4S, not just 4) is suppose to be superior than the PSS but only have 245/40/18

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I have a set of the RS3-G1's, but not mounted on the car as yet. Still have the Kinergy GTs on. Other tires I was looking at were Continental DWS06 and Purecontact, Michelin Premier, and General G-Max as-05. Found a good deal on the Coopers on black friday, so I bought. Will probably do a review of some sort once I get them on, but the Hankooks still have some life left. I stayed stock size though (215/55R16).

OP
OP

BeyondInferno

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si 4dr
I have a set of the RS3-G1's, but not mounted on the car as yet. Still have the Kinergy GTs on. Other tires I was looking at were Continental DWS06 and Purecontact, Michelin Premier, and General G-Max as-05. Found a good deal on the Coopers on black friday, so I bought. Will probably do a review of some sort once I get them on, but the Hankooks still have some life left. I stayed stock size though (215/55R16).
The Michelin is a completely different tire than the others (not high performance at all). I'm not a fan of Continental really, and I'm not impressed with General unless you are on a hard budget.
I had FANTASTIC luck with the Cooper RS3-A in the past, but I'm less worried about cost, more worried about not doing tires every 15k miles and having good grip.
Granted, I'm also a little biased when it comes to tires. (no pun intended)...

(Okay, pun kind of intended)

OP
OP

BeyondInferno

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si 4dr
Cooper RS3-G1 and Yoko Avid Envigor are all season, believe you will want summer tires instead

How much do you drive for commute?

If low mileage you can consider Falken Azenis RT615K+ / Hankook R-S4 (these last about 10000-14000miles with no track/autocross events)

If you have high mileage, Michelin Pilot Supersport is one of the best if price is not a concern, or the Bridgestone Pole Position S04 at a slightly lower cost but also slightly lower performance.

the new Michelin Pilot 4S (make sure it is the 4S, not just 4) is suppose to be superior than the PSS but only have 245/40/18
I'm kinda surprised you mentioned the Supersports as high mileage. I've heard you're lucky to get 20k out of them.
I do about 17,000 a year.

CosmicX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6M
Country flag
I'm at 57000 and counting on the Hankooks. Going to push them as long as I can until they let me know it is time to replace them. Though they are wearing well, I wouldn't recommend them. Great dry grip, good wet grip, but lousy in snow, and very noisy.
Everything I've seen on the Coopers have been great. I'm looking forward to flogging them in the corners :)
They are made in China though, if that matters. I also expect my MPG to go down. More grip will likely come at a cost.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always liked Yokohama Advan's or S Drive's depending on what you are looking for performance wise. Also Nitto Neo Gen's worked well for me before I switched to Yoko's.

foehammerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had BFGoodrich COMP 2 A/S Ultra-High Performance All Seasons on my EX-L before I traded it in. I will probably buy another set if I don't go with a Summer tire. I put 11k miles on them and they still looked fresh.
Sponsored