Tire pressure

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
What tire pressure do you guys run at? I have stock tires and wheels, stated 32 psi on the sticker on the driver's side. I'm not sure why the tech that did my tire rotation filled it to 39 psi.
Sponsored

zenren

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The tpms is a bit annoying, so techs fill them up to 35-36 usually. 39 seems a little extreme to me, but it probably depends a bit on your tires, mine are the stock Si tires, I don't remember what they are though.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i fill fronts to 40 psi, and rears to 35 psi and wear on fronts is perfect, rears wear slightly more on inside but that is due to -2.6camber, front is -0.6...

so with 40 you should be ok, you can deflate them to around 36-37 if you are worried...

way back with my suzuki swift sport 2008 i had a tires goodyear eagle f1 (195/45/17) and i had to fill them to 44 psi to get even wear... everything below 42 made outside and inside to wear faster, i duuno maybe they had extremely hard sidewals, my point is there is no universal tire pressure best is to observe wear and go by that...

OP
OP

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The tpms is a bit annoying, so techs fill them up to 35-36 usually. 39 seems a little extreme to me, but it probably depends a bit on your tires, mine are the stock Si tires, I don't remember what they are though.

i still have stock tires on mine hatch. The sticker on the driver's side stated 32 psi for front and back. i'll probably going to lower it down to 35 psi

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
What tire pressure do you guys run at? I have stock tires and wheels, stated 32 psi on the sticker on the driver's side. I'm not sure why the tech that did my tire rotation filled it to 39 psi.
if tires are hot that is if you drove it for more than 6 miles the tires will be filled with +4-5psi from the factory pressure

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
32psi is not recommended unless you like resetting the tpms twice a month
I run 32 psi because when the tires get hot, the psi will go to 35. I have a wireless tpms sensor.

zenren

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I run 32 psi because when the tires get hot, the psi will go to 35. I have a wireless tpms sensor.
Yeah, problem is the threshold that it deems "low" is right about 30-32psi, so if you have a cold day, or one tire is a lot hotter, it throws the light on. It doesn't actually know the pressure in the factory system, it just goes off wheelspeed, and it doesn't seem to care if pressure is too high, only if there is a variance of a certain rpm per wheel.
Pressure is going to depend on your tire a lot, I would say 45psi hot is too much for about any normal tire on this car. Still this was a big oversight. If you are getting good tire wear and you aren't annoyed by tpms at the recommended tire pressure then you are lucky.

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah, problem is the threshold that it deems "low" is right about 30-32psi, so if you have a cold day, or one tire is a lot hotter, it throws the light on. It doesn't actually know the pressure in the factory system, it just goes off wheelspeed, and it doesn't seem to care if pressure is too high, only if there is a variance of a certain rpm per wheel.
Pressure is going to depend on your tire a lot, I would say 45psi hot is too much for about any normal tire on this car. Still this was a big oversight. If you are getting good tire wear and you aren't annoyed by tpms at the recommended tire pressure then you are lucky.
Yea thats why I use the wireless tpms sensor, it solves all problems!

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
I wonder if this is my problem as well. Drove about an hour yesterday and out of nowhere the TPMS went off. Checked the tires with my portable gauge. one was around 42.5 psi. The other three around 40 psi. I haven't added any air since I don't even remember. The only thing I can think of is the mechanic added too much air when I had a piece of metal in my tire back in September of 2019. Why it took this long to manifest though I have no idea.
Mechanic dropped it down to 35psi, though they were still warm. I'll have to check it this AM since it's sat all night.
I recalibrated the TPMS but didn't drive until an hour later, and only a short trip, so it came back. I guess I need to do it correctly this time (assuming the tires are all still okay and not wicked low ...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
32psi is not recommended unless you like resetting the tpms twice a month
Not recommended?

If you fill your tires to 32psi (cold) that should never happen unless you have some sort of tire leak or TPMS issue.

zenren

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There is a TPMS issue, the programming is trash

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My TPS goes off every other week! I fill at 34 cold sometimes I see it get up to 36 psi warm here in Iowa 70F temp and road in the day. I check my pressure every week and hardly goes down, maybe put 1 psi in each month or every 4th check. I can verify my tire pressure is ALWAYS in 34-36psi range but the tps sensor goes off every other week. Every time it goes off I check all 4 and they're always perfect then I reset the damn thing.
Sponsored