Tire Pressure sensor

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Page 5 and 6 of the attached TSB should give you what you're looking for.
Thanks did this for my lx/sport can confirm on my third try something different occurred the tpms stayed solid for a moment.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Thanks, that's what I was looking for! This is called by Honda "SPECIAL TPMS CALIBRATION USED ONLY AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE". It obviously clears some unspecified "old data" that are not reset by the regular single initiation followed by driving. No idea what kind of old data, but if it solves issues, it's interesting that they would not put in in any manuals despite relatively frequent complaints people have about the TPMS.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Thanks, that's what I was looking for! This is called by Honda "SPECIAL TPMS CALIBRATION USED ONLY AFTER SOFTWARE UPDATE". It obviously clears some unspecified "old data" that are not reset by the regular single initiation followed by driving. No idea what kind of old data, but if it solves issues, it's interesting that they would not put in in any manuals despite relatively frequent complaints people have about the TPMS.
Service manuals and owners guides were written before the car was released in 2016. Too much of a hassle and expense to change.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Service manuals and owners guides were written before the car was released in 2016. Too much of a hassle and expense to change.
Nothing was changed. This is exactly how it was intended. Also, there's very little expense in updating a page of a PDF document.

FiveFingerCNTpunch

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 type R - 2020 civic si
Country flag
Wonder what that guy has to say about it now ? 😏 Thanks for all the great information guys ! Truly helped my issue . My FK8 was being stubborn
Sponsored