Tire Inflator?

fohidrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Sensing
So have had the EX for about <2 months, mostly weekend driving and just passed the 600 mile mark this past weekend. The alert for low tire pressure came on and so I stopped by a gas station to double check the pressure and to make sure there were no flats/nails. Pressure on all 4 tires came out to be around 40psi. I know the stock tires are supposed to be 32 psi so I chalked up the 40 psi figure to having been on the highway for about a half hour beforehand and also wasn't sure if the gauge at the gas station was just off. So I ignored the issue, hit recalibrate on the TPMS, the warning went away but then eventually the warning came back on again an hour later as I was approaching home. Waited a day for the tires to more than fully cool off and then checked the pressure using my analog gauge and each tire was indeed down to about 29 psi.

Questions for you guys:

1) Have you guys experienced similar drops in psi on these stock tires despite conservative driving and low mileage driven? (Also, temperature-wise here in NY recently, it's only getting warmer and warmer)

2) Do you guys usually inflate at the gas stations using the timed coin pumps or do you guys have a recommended tire inflator you use?
Sponsored

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
I haven't experienced any TPMS alerts on my Civic yet. I haven't checked the pressure on or added any air to my Civic's tires yet since I bought it 1/18/16.

To answer your second question generally, I use whatever inflator is handy. I do have a pretty nice 12v compressor that I got from Harbor Freight for some ridiculously low price on sale around 6 years ago that I use instead of going to a gas station whenever possible. I also got a Craftsman digital tire pressure gauge for $5 on sale about 10 years ago that I use to check pressure when filling, since the built-in gauges on inflators aren't always very accurate or easy to read.

accordman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
I have a habit of checking tire pressure all the time to get a nice smooth ride out of my cars. Last week I checked and mines were all the way up to 44PSI from the factory. I dropped them down to 36PSI all around and what a difference! It's a lot more smoother and takes road imperfections a lot more with ease.
I haven't had any TPMS lights come up yet.
I use a old analog gauge. Perhaps it's time for a digital one.
Sponsored