123sillyboy123

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had PS4S for a season (haven't put them back on yet) and loved them. Well worth the money over the stock Conti's. My tuned 1.5L (that's with the CVT for all the haters) ate a healthy amount of tread, but shat out smiles on my face. I thought I'd get 3 seasons of use with the shorter season up here in Mid-Atlantic NE, but the feel of these tires fresh makes me want to sell them off after 2 and re-up. Despite wearing faster than I anticipated, I was almost religious about break-in and they did wear consistently, I believe, as a result. Being aware of how shoddy a surface you're on and driving accordingly helps too.
I have nowhere near the HP you do, so if you have anywhere near the amount of self control I do, go with the PS4S. From what I've read you're only likely to see a difference in track scenarios (nod to the Cup 2's), you get more tread to start with on the PS4S and a tread warranty to boot. Log diligent rotation and the value extends through early-wear proration on the next set.
I had ps4s for two of my cars, absolutely like them, good grip on dry wet.. good stopping. Best street tires..
I want to try something different and better.
Debating re71 and cup 2... but tread wear sucks.. 180 and 200.. compare to ps4s is 300..
But i think i will give it a try..
Sponsored

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Yes, it was a clearance sale that ran on and off from October until now - they are currently out of stock. I bought a dozen Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires with shipping and tax for around $1300.

https://www.prioritytire.com/michelin-pilot-sport-cup-2-245-30r20-zr-90y-xl/
What are the build dates on those tires? There were rumours a while back of a shipment of Sport Cup 2s that got frozen (meaning they became effectively hockey pucks). OTOH, I can't confirm those rumours.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
What are the build dates on those tires? There were rumours a while back of a shipment of Sport Cup 2s that got frozen (meaning they became effectively hockey pucks). OTOH, I can't confirm those rumours.
I don't know where that rumor would come from or why it would matter. As long as the tires aren't driven on, they're not going to suffer damage from being exposed to below freezing temps. Michelin's guidance is to not move the car if the temp is 20F or below to avoid causing damage, and to let the compound warm up via exposure to 40F temps or higher if this occurs. If the tires weren't mounted, this guidance would not apply, as there would be no load on the tires to damage them when brittle.

It never gets below 20F here, and I have driven them in below freezing weather without issue.

Date codes on mine were 39/15, so right at 4 years old at time of purchase (bought them in October). They were stored properly - tire guy that I use even commented on the good condition given the age. Michelin's warranty is good for 6 years so I had no qualms about running them.
Sponsored