Tips for cleaning car during winter?

Madrigal77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
Country flag
I just got a 2020 Civic EX sedan a couple of months ago, and I’ve always had beaters until now, so never cared much about protecting the paint during winter.

I’ve put two coats of Jet Seal and two coats of Butter Wet Wax on, and it looks great. Is that going to be enough to get me through the winter? I live on Vancouver Island, and it’s going to rain just about every day for the next 6 months, so it’s going to be next to impossible to do proper washes until late spring. I’ve got a pressure washer and a foam cannon, so that’s what I plan on using to wash until then. I don’t have access to a garage, so I probably won’t even be able to dry it after due to the rain. Any advice on what I can do to keep it as protected as I can?
Sponsored

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Jet seal doesn’t last that long sadly. Next time on a clean surface you could apply graphene or ceramic coating. Turtle wax is pretty cheap and good. If you want to stick to CG they also have some ceramic coating products. And then you could apply your jet seal on top of the ceramic coating!

For the actual wash. Not sure about your winter temperatures and roads but if there’s salt on your car, I would do a touch less wash. If it doesn’t freeze you can use your pressure washer otherwise go to a touch less car wash.

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Just read your post again and a pretty good product for you could be the turtle wax hybrid solution the yellow one. So wash the car and while it still wet you apply that. Doesn’t really matter much if it’s still raining

Ji671

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm planning to use 303 graphene nano spray for the winter and for the wheels that I have coming in. I've been checking reviews on it via youtube and my favorite detailer Pantheorganizer reviewed this a couple days ago. Its accessible and fairly priced so I might as well give it a go.

OP
OP
Madrigal77

Madrigal77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX
Country flag
Thanks guys. I think I’ll just go with the Jet Seal and Butter Wet Wax this year, and wash whenever I can.

In the spring I might try something else. I keep on seeing good things about Fusso Coat, and my wife is Japanese, so we can get it there for about $10 the next time we go to Japan.

I really want to get a professionally done ceramic coating, but it looks like it’s about $1500 here.

joecalta3

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 EX, 2017 EX Civic
Country flag
I also recommend the Fusso Kawami. Looks great and lasts forever... Fusso King of Gloss is another option in their family of waxes. Great product for a decent price. Check out:

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks guys. I think I’ll just go with the Jet Seal and Butter Wet Wax this year, and wash whenever I can.

In the spring I might try something else. I keep on seeing good things about Fusso Coat, and my wife is Japanese, so we can get it there for about $10 the next time we go to Japan.

I really want to get a professionally done ceramic coating, but it looks like it’s about $1500 here.
Ceramic coating's high cost is in the paint correction that is done before applying the coat. Wax is an outdated method of applying protection. Turtle Wax's Seal and Shine or their Ceramic Coating will outlast any of those Chemical Guy's products and the Fusso Coat stuff, Watch some videos and consider applying a coating yourself. Since your car is new I'd be willing to bet you could polish your cars paint pretty well by hand before it gathers too many swirls.
Sponsored