amokk8

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone, looking for some help as the mobile tint guy I used took 7 hours to try and tint my civic, only so that he didn’t even finish the rear window correctly (has some crinkles at the bottom) AND he didn’t install and align all the parts correctly.

He broke some of the green plastic rivets, can someone identify which part number or equivalent is on amazon?

Also, because I had to unscrew/screw the lights and everything back in.. I accidentally tore off the light connector on the top left rear taillight inbetween the left panel and the trunk wing. Is anyone selling theirs or can I find a cheaper one than at the dealer for $100?

Also, I don’t think the gap is supposed to be this big from the window to the piece on the trunk, below the spoiler is it? Is it supposed to be a water tight seal?
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint guy messed up rear hatchback 21FB48F9-FB51-4716-85DF-4A1E27138836
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint guy messed up rear hatchback B9FF245F-DDB4-485B-9C42-649F387CEB8B
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint guy messed up rear hatchback 716FB8E0-CBA5-46D9-9704-8FE317317C4E

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
WOW! What a nightmare! How much did this guy charge you?

That gap between the window and the rear trunk piece is definitely not right

OP
OP

amokk8

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Ugh.. I know, I have a pit in the bottom of my stomach knowing something could be messed up. It was $200 for ceramic tint, whereas other quotes were like 4-500.. which now I know why.

My concern isn't the plastic rivets, I called a honda dealer nearby which is $1/piece and I can easily replace those. And I'm mad at myself that I broke off the wiring harness on the taillight lid so I'll have to buy that.
https://www.hondapartsguys.com/oem-parts/honda-light-assembly-l-lid-34155tgga01

The part that concerns me, is the next time I wash the car or it rains, there isn't a tight seal around the plastic piece just under the hatchback window. Is this supposed to be a water tight seal?
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint guy messed up rear hatchback 2A2A8359-CD60-44D4-9FF7-01EB4A6156B4

Last edited:

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ugh.. I know, I have a pit in the bottom of my stomach knowing something could be messed up. It was $200 for ceramic tint, whereas other quotes were like 4-500.. which now I know why.

My concern isn't the plastic rivets, I called a honda dealer nearby which is $1/piece and I can easily replace those. And I'm mad at myself that I broke off the wiring harness on the taillight lid so I'll have to buy that.
https://www.hondapartsguys.com/oem-parts/honda-light-assembly-l-lid-34155tgga01

The part that concerns me, is the next time I wash the car or it rains, there isn't a tight seal around the plastic piece just under the hatchback window. Is this supposed to be a water tight seal?
2A2A8359-CD60-44D4-9FF7-01EB4A6156B4.jpeg
I actually might've been wrong and think there normally is a small gap there. I'll take a pic of my car later when I leave for work so you can compare.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Stopper
Recommend getting the left and right rubber stopper while you're at it

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So attached are pics of the same area on my car and there is a gap between the window and the plastic cover piece on the hatch
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint guy messed up rear hatchback IMG_20200612_075013
Honda Civic 10th gen Tint guy messed up rear hatchback IMG_20200612_072354

Stopper
Recommend getting the left and right rubber stopper while you're at it
Where do those go and what is the purpose of them?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Where do those go and what is the purpose of them?
2 black rubber pieces at the bottom of the hatch. They are hard to remove when pulling the trim off and the clips usually get damaged.

OP
OP

amokk8

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
@RufflesSCO thanks for the pics, I appreciate the help. The top edges look loose but also the bottom portion doesn't seem tight because when opening the trunk it'll have like an extra click and gap at the bottom too. Does anyone know what the part number for the whole piece is?

Honda Civic 10th gen Tint guy messed up rear hatchback civic.PNG

RufflesSCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@RufflesSCO thanks for the pics, I appreciate the help. The top edges look loose but also the bottom portion doesn't seem tight because when opening the trunk it'll have like an extra click and gap at the bottom too. Does anyone know what the part number for the whole piece is?

civic.PNG
White Orchid Pearl 74890-TGG-E00ZF
Platinum White Pearl 74890-TGG-A01ZQ

OP
OP

amokk8

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Thanks bro, much appreciated.

Can someone recommend a body shop in SoCal (West Covina area) so that I can have them look and quote on repairing this? I could go to the dealer as well, but they'll probably charge me just for a consultation to look at it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know how anyone can mess up the tint on the hatch anymore. There are computer cutouts for it now. Unless the guy was trying to cut it by hand like the early days.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever contact the guy who originally screwed all this up ?
Sponsored