First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have 35% tint on my Accord and it's too light, i want to go 18%-20% next time.
btw, never been to Botswana. They have no streetlights?
20% is a good balance for the most part. Just keep an eye out for VA State Police :mad:

99.9% sure that Botswana does have streetlights, and 99.9% sure that's a tongue-in-cheek post :)
Sponsored

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
20% is a good balance for the most part. Just keep an eye out for VA State Police :mad:

99.9% sure that Botswana does have streetlights, and 99.9% sure that's a tongue-in-cheek post :)
yes, you are right. VA State Police/cops are horrible. They go out of their way to pull you over. But 35% is too much light, what should i do?
Any advise.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes, you are right. VA State Police/cops are horrible. They go out of their way to pull you over. But 35% is too much light, what should i do?
Any advise.
I've been stopped next to DC, MD, VA, & WV police with the 20% tint. I was paranoid about it at first, now it seems they don't blink an eye. As long as its not 5%, go with what you want, its a risk you'll assume but its minimal.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
My first tinted car I used 35%, since then I've gone with 30% every time. I find it to be the sweetspot for me as far as keeping the heat out, being able to see at night, and keeping the popo off my back.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
My first tinted car I used 35%, since then I've gone with 30% every time. I find it to be the sweetspot for me as far as keeping the heat out, being able to see at night, and keeping the popo off my back.
20% is about the darkest you'll want to go i.m.o. I have 20% on back and 35% on front on my WRX.
Honda Civic 10th gen tint & driving at night question {filename}

I have 35% on all windows and it's perfect for me.
Honda Civic 10th gen tint & driving at night question {filename}

I've had 5% on all windows before. You can't see anything that doesn't emit light at night.
Did you already account for the 70% stock tint before deciding on the 30% or did you install 35% to get 30% at the end

How much tint offset should i consider if i lets say want it at 30%?

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Did you already account for the 70% stock tint before deciding on the 30% or did you install 35% to get 30% at the end

30% prior to the factory 70%. Not sure where it ends up at on a light meter, but again, it's the sweet spot for me.

35% was good on the other car, but it was different tint and actually seemed darker. I used Llumar CTX on my Mustang and the Civic. I used Llumar ATC on the Mini Cooper (35%).

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
For mine, I used the following formula: %stock tint X %applied tint = actual VLT

3M Color Stable 50 = 52% VLT
Civic factory tint = 72 - 74% VLT

0.74 x 0.52 = 0.3848 (I'm estimating ~40% to account for variances in the light meter my tint place was using)

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
35% film over the windows.

There isn't a shop in Michigan that would give two doodies about using a light meter to figure out your tint jobs VLT.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I will be driving for uber once i get my civic; its on order. I want to tint my windows and I wanted your feedback on which to get. I will be driving throughout the day and night. I'm not accustomed to tinted windows so I was wondering which you would recommend especially considering that I will be driving at night a lot.
I have 45% and I love it. You can see at night and no issues. Remember you have factory tint in the glass so you have to add that into the tint factor. Factory tint is 70% (stamped right on the glass). So with the 45% I put on top gives me something like a 33-35% tint.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
I have 45% and I love it. You can see at night and no issues. Remember you have factory tint in the glass so you have to add that into the tint factor. Factory tint is 70% (stamped right on the glass). So with the 45% I put on top gives me something like a 33-35% tint.
Id like to know how you manage to calculate the outcome of 35%. As im in the market pf getting my tint done.and im really confused on what tint percentage to get if i wanted to have 35% on my front windows.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Id like to know how you manage to calculate the outcome of 35%. As im in the market pf getting my tint done.and im really confused on what tint percentage to get if i wanted to have 35% on my front windows.
.7 x .45 = 31.5% net visible light transmission

You'll have to do 50% to stay legal

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
i have 15% and it was only a problem for the back mirror for a week or two, however my eyes got fairly used to it now.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never really cared since I owned Coupes but my Murano being first CUV/4-Door I hate that the back windows are factory tinted.

So I was forced to get my fronts done and more importantly match it at 20%.

My EYES aren't the greatest I wear glasses and the first week I was FORCED TO ROLL DOWN MY WINDOWS especially when turning.

After a year I'll just say thank God my Murano has BLIND SPOT MONITOR.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I never really cared since I owned Coupes but my Murano being first CUV/4-Door I hate that the back windows are factory tinted.

So I was forced to get my fronts done and more importantly match it at 20%.

My EYES aren't the greatest I wear glasses and the first week I was FORCED TO ROLL DOWN MY WINDOWS especially when turning.

After a year I'll just say thank God my Murano has BLIND SPOT MONITOR.
The problem is pulling out, such as from a parking lot and making a left. You need to see out both side windows clearly at night. Blind spot monitoring has no effect in this situation and can be deadly. My friend had a Ford Harley truck and did the same thing by matching the back which equaled 20% for the front and he almost got killed. This was about 2 weeks after he installed the tint. The next day he ripped the tint off. It was his fault he didn't see the car because of the tint. He slammed the brakes on just in time to avoid the collision. So that's why I posted on here what I did on mine. I put on 45% all over and I see pretty good at night. It equates to roughly 31-33% as stated earlier. It's perfect.
Sponsored