Times are changing...Challenger and Charger are done in 2024

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was lucky then had water entire time lost electric for about 5 mins during the winter storm.

Some dumbass killed himself, at least two kids I believe and maybe his GF or wife using a gas generator inside.
Sad. Having an electric generator is almost a must-have in some areas. Newer ones are equipped with CO monitor and shutoff. A lot cheaper than a EV with vechicle-to-home capability. I’ve been eyeing one with inverter to power the fridge and cellphones during emergency:

https://www.costco.com/firman-3200w...uel-inverter-generator.product.100843922.html
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Sad. Having an electric generator is almost a must-have in some areas. Newer ones are equipped with CO monitor and shutoff. A lot cheaper than a EV with vechicle-to-home capability. I’ve been eyeing one with inverter to power the fridge and cellphones during emergency:

https://www.costco.com/firman-3200w...uel-inverter-generator.product.100843922.html

Yeah I think after the storm they were all sold out in Texas. They probably haven't been used either since last winter was pretty mild and normal. That was just a freak storm system two years ago. I still drove 2 miles to work (3 out of 5 days that week) even though roads were crap because apparently the city of round Rock can't afford to keep some spare plows in storage to put on city trucks when needed. If they just had two or three plow trucks with people rotating shifts they could of had the roads pretty damn clear after a day or two. But nope here in Texas they just don't give a shit about prepping. Have a few spare plows that they could attach would cost the city probably under 10k. I'm sure accidents and potential lives would have been saved.

I grew up in Ohio and they actually have to be prepared for winter.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
California

2024 Lawnmover and blower have to be electric

Just waiting for California to ban all gas powered vehicle

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i believe they already have - by a certain date you wont be able to buy a Internal combustion engine - i don't recall the date but it was within the decade i think.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Does California even have nuclear power plant? We need to build more nuclear plants if we are going to transition to all EV. That hasn't happened in forever in USA. Honestly Cali is a natural disaster state. Don't think they could unless in desert then they are diverting less water from Colorado River already. Screw the pecan farmers in Cali. Pistachio's are way better and pecans are the worst tasting nut. Rant over.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fuk electric! Who's going to be able to afford them? I don't make $100,000 a year. The shit ass government forcing us to do it.

Marrk

First Name
Marrk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Country flag
They were loud cars you could buy cheap. Every dumb*ss loves a loud car. Or is it every dumb*ss loves a cheap car. I forget.

Marrk

First Name
Marrk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Country flag
Fuk electric! Who's going to be able to afford them? I don't make $100,000 a year. The shit ass government forcing us to do it.
I feel your pain. I have little desire to drive a battery around town, or to sit in a smartphone that has four rubber tires. With the end of ICE engines, the driving experience is going to change. Maybe something really cool will happen, but I don't see it on the horizon yet. For now, I still prefer the "outdated" technologies (not a fan of direct injection and forced induction), even though they don't meet EPA standards. In fact, I'm still wearing my "Give Me VTEC, Or Give Me Death" t-shirt from ca. 2007. :D

Your gripe about affordability is justified, but it's not the government that's forcing us. It's climate change. The answer will come, not from Tesla, but from GM (which has partnered with Honda).
Sponsored