Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
At least most major companies are finally releasing ev vehicles that actually look like normal cars. It's like what the f engineers do they have?

Hey let's release an EV... I know let's make it look like shit that barely anyone finds attractive. BMW i3 looks like shit and most other current EV vehicles. Heck even the Tesla SUVs look like shit to me but they aren't too bad. Don't even get me started on the cybertruck. Can't wait to see Austin yuppies driving that pos around.

Finally they might have realized hey maybe we should make a normal looking EV.
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Oh Ford is still producing gas mustangs? I thought they dropped it for the mach e. Mach E might be fast but it looks about as good as a Pontiac Aztec. Okay that was a little harsh. According to Scotty they had to pause build orders for mach e cause built in Mexico and apparently the main wires fuse together going down middle body. You get what you pay for and apparently they don't pay shit like 20-40 dollars a day.
They just unveil the new Charger. Fiat played the sport car route ;)

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They just unveil the new Charger. Fiat played the sport car route ;)

Well I'm glad I was wrong about them changing it into SUV.

Has their transmissions improved on their ICE vehicles? A few decades back that was their main flaw. After having a bad experience I kind of swore off them but they are still one of the "big 3" that I like the most.

Last edited:

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the scary part is, the charger 2 door is supposed to have a transmission of some kind..... and an "exhaust system" when its supposed to be electric...

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the scary part is, the charger 2 door is supposed to have a transmission of some kind..... and an "exhaust system" when its supposed to be electric...
Well fake exhaust sounds better than some other current ones. There was a Tesla that went by in parking lot sounded like airplane or something. I know they have to add some sound to EV at low speeds because blind people might not hear silent EV and get hit crossing road. I think that's a law at least in Japan when read article year or two back. Not sure about US but it probably should be a law if it isn't.

Not sure what point of transmission would be. I thought that was one benefit for EVs not having a transmission.

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
europe is going HEAVY electric.
Europe is not a country. The European union has 27 countries all tied under a trade agreement (different to continental Europe). They all have different terms etc.

Some not all will be pushing EV's.

Like North America, not all places - particularly older cities have the infrastructure to support the volume or charging stations required or the capacity to power it. There is an astronomical cost in implementing this.

I would think we will see a bigger uptake in hybrid powered cars before we go fully fledged EV.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Can’t wait for the surprised look of caltrans when the roads fall apart because of the added weight of these vehicles.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How are we going to charge them when we're about to lose the Hoover Dam as a power source and current plants are being stretched to the breaking point? Look at what they are doing in Spain with the A/C limits. Fug that. Even Cali is starting to call for less power use due to their shitty infrastructure.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm all for electric cars but i feel they are taking over far too quickly for the current status of our grid system.. i know they would take over, but i didnt expect it to happen in 5-10 years.. and all its going to take is one large scale power outage and then people will be begging to have their gasoline / diesel vehicles back.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
I'm all for electric cars but i feel they are taking over far too quickly for the current status of our grid system.. i know they would take over, but i didnt expect it to happen in 5-10 years.. and all its going to take is one large scale power outage and then people will be begging to have their gasoline / diesel vehicles back.
Great thing about EVs is, if it's charged, it can power your house or act as a battery. People were doing that during the great Texas outage.

Then you also had people starting their ICE car inside their garage for warmth and killing themselves.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great thing about EVs is, if it's charged, it can power your house or act as a battery. People were doing that during the great Texas outage.

Then you also had people starting their ICE car inside their garage for warmth and killing themselves.
1: true, but your sacrificing your potentially only mode of transportation to stay in place. Guess its really all about resource management either way.

2: Guess common knowledge that car exhaust is toxic to breathe didn't get to some people but they still did it. its sad but i don't understand how people don't know this with how often it happens.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are they really.......Here is my problem. What other country is going electric?
An obscure sub-national state (only ranks 5th in global economy) is charging headlong into the EV-verse where its populace lusts after products duct-taped together by a tiny car maker (perpetually on the verge of bankruptcy). Sad times. Droughts and forest fires be damned. We needs our 0-60 under 2s. :spaz:

Honda Civic 10th gen Times are changing...Challenger and Charger are done in 2024 794475F4-CA94-42D7-BA65-957488E26BE7
Honda Civic 10th gen Times are changing...Challenger and Charger are done in 2024 873ED92D-7D17-4F1C-9254-1C8C2C3FABDD

Last edited:

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I was lucky then had water entire time lost electric for about 5 mins during the winter storm.

Some dumbass killed himself, at least two kids I believe and maybe his GF or wife using a gas generator inside.
Sponsored