First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since my lease was up and Honda didn’t doing anything worth while to get a 2020 Si I decided to go for something awd. My 18 Si was my 3rd Si I’ve owned. Previously owed a 06 and 2010. This forum has been great to watch the development of the car. Took delivery of my 2020 M235i Gran Coupé last week. An amazing machine to say the least. For me, a perfect daily. Ordered up fully loaded minus the 19” wheels as I wanted the forged 18’s in dark graphite. I’ll still
Pop in here now and again to watch further development of the Si as deep down I’ll always be a Honda fan.

15A53810-CC0D-4CF8-AC1C-E0A6EFA6C5B1.jpeg

1C8760D4-FF24-485E-A0B7-DFAD0DC55F5E.jpeg

864EBBD7-F1F1-4178-92DE-E000CBD572A2.jpeg

F2A738D0-5418-47DE-B176-ECA0115FCAC5.jpeg

7EF65BFD-98BC-46A6-80DD-E9C258FA9F71.jpeg
Beautiful car!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd say this seems like a bad decision, but then I saw that blue flag and it all made sense.
MAGA ??

He’s entitled to his opinion. Freedom of
Speech right? I could care less about his thoughts on my political stance.
Yes freedom of speech, but yet stupid to mention someones car choice/decision to be bad based on their political view. Fucking dumb.

Great choice and nice cars and killer garage dude.

OP
OP
BlownLSX

BlownLSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
MAGA ??

Yes freedom of speech, but yet stupid to mention someones car choice/decision to be bad based on their political view. Fucking dumb.

Great choice and nice cars and killer garage dude.
Glad I’m not the only one to notice the stupidity of that guy lol

Thanks man, so far the m235 is a rocket compared to the civic. I loved the si from 20-50 but anything before or after was lack luster.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Love the C6. I miss my Lemans Blue C6 Z06, should have never sold that car. With 10k on the odo, at least you don't have to worry about the valves dropping. That's actually why I sold mine., but honestly, id buy it back in a heart beat.

OP
OP
BlownLSX

BlownLSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Love the C6. I miss my Lemans Blue C6 Z06, should have never sold that car. With 10k on the odo, at least you don't have to worry about the valves dropping. That's actually why I sold mine., but honestly, id buy it back in a heart beat.
That was the first thing I did was swap the heads out. The only thing that’s still oem ls7 is the rods, crank, rockers, intake and oil pan/sump.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
The b48 in this engine is a revised version (B48E), forged pistons and rods, bigger crank journals and a much larger turbo. I already put a jb4 on it ?
I wish the EU would be a bit more open for vehicle tuning and light customization too.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad I’m not the only one to notice the stupidity of that guy lol

Thanks man, so far the m235 is a rocket compared to the civic. I loved the si from 20-50 but anything before or after was lack luster.
I work at a Porsche dealer selling parts and we get BMW trade-ins, so I get to drive the ones that are worth to drive...M3's etc. Drove a 235i gran coupe and yes it's totally a faster car then the Si.

Last edited:

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
I work at a Porsche dealer selling parts and we get BMW trade-ins, so I get to drive the ones that are worth to drive...M3's etc. Drove a 235i gran coupe and yes it totally a faster car then the Si.
Also it's almost twice as expensive as a civic 1.5 hatch, at least in Germany. But the interior is really nice and it doesn't have the ugly huge "kidneys" that will come with the next M4 (at least not yet).
The last BMW I've driven was a 4er Grand Coupe diesel with some puny 120 HP engine... the car was nice but it was so-so boring and "synthetic" to drive to be honest. I assume this is some completely other level. I would gladly try it once.

Staffiedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette and Civic SI
Country flag
Love that red 436 hp grand sport corvette with only 10k miles.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Hmm....doesn’t seem that “pricing” of an Si was a deal breaker at all. A 235 sure wasn’t cheap, unless you leased that too?

OP
OP
BlownLSX

BlownLSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hmm....doesn’t seem that “pricing” of an Si was a deal breaker at all. A 235 sure wasn’t cheap, unless you leased that too?
I work for BMW so I get insane pricing. I bought this car. Done with watching miles. Not worth the money when you can’t enjoy the car because you have to factor miles into everything.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's funny, you work for BMW but drove Honda and GM. :)

Great garage and toys. We are all jealous. Also, ask your employer to explain why a sedan is called a Gran Coupe?!!! I feel like I saw a Throttle House episode recently where they poked fun at that.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
That's funny, you work for BMW but drove Honda and GM. :)

Great garage and toys. We are all jealous. Also, ask your employer to explain why a sedan is called a Gran Coupe?!!! I feel like I saw a Throttle House episode recently where they poked fun at that.
I get the move into a BMW. An entirely different class of vehicle with different purpose. No biggy.
Sponsored