ebatr24

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
the gas door popping open shouldnt be an electrical thing tho....lol
I mean he actuator is electrical and it's just weird, has your gas door ever popped open on it's own when the car was locking itself? Just a bunch of weird electrical stuff.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I mean he actuator is electrical and it's just weird, has your gas door ever popped open on it's own when the car was locking itself? Just a bunch of weird electrical stuff.
haha I cant say that it has

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Gas door popping open now? You might need to perform an exorcism.

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Wow this is an interesting read. I can only come up with the following suggestions:
1) gremlins
2) karma
3) ghosts
4) something is grounding itself near the work done
5) burn it with a priest and make an insurance claim.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Wow this is an interesting read. I can only come up with the following suggestions:
1) gremlins
2) karma
3) ghosts
4) something is grounding itself near the work done
5) burn it with a priest and make an insurance claim.
I like number 5 LOL. Cinderblock on the gas and the classic lake mod 😂

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like number 5 LOL. Cinderblock on the gas and the classic lake mod 😂
Just don't dump it in that lake near Vegas. They're uncovering bodies and cars due to Al Gore. Kentucky might be a good option although might be a little too soon for that joke. Thoughts and prayers for the hill billies.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry I'd like to apologize joke was way too early and mean hearted towards Kentucky even though I grew up in Ohio and was taught dislike for southern neighbors. I hope those affected somehow get restoration and RIP to the drowned.

vitooooo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VIC
Country flag
At my wits end with my FK8 today. Although I am pretty mechanically inclined and can do a lot of my own work, electrical issues is kind of where I draw the line for my abilities. I've been having some trouble for the past couple months, looking for some help or suggestions.

Recollection of the problem: This started after a CMC swap was done by a local shop. (I was lazy and didn't want to do it myself) What it would initially do is jerk strongly kind of like an old manual car when you get on and off the throttle on take off, like when you're first learning to drive manual. I thought maybe the CMC was improperly adjusted as it had little to no play. I adjusted it and this problem went away or so I thought. Around this time I had also asked my tuner (DRob) for a revision with a little more mid range torque, which he provided. I had flashed the tune and later discovered that the car would stumble when given around 30-40% throttle around 4 or 5k rpms. It would basically cut throttle for a moment, you can let out of the throttle and put it back usually it feels back to normal. Went back to known good revision, problem still occurred so ruled out it being tune related. Lately it has started to do even more weird stuff, now when it has throttle cut out the audio system will also freak out and play sound only through the front speakers. The other day on the freeway I went to do a pull, and the car cut throttle more aggressively like traction control kicking in, the audio system also freaked out two or three times, and the brake light on the dash kept blinking. I limped it to my destination and as I was reversing the screen kept shutting off and on. This morning, I was driving the car went to roll my window down, and both the driver and passenger were lowering as I was pressing just the driver side button. The hazards also blinked twice as I was starting the car too. Couple other observations I've noticed is the car would only do this at part throttle before, only recently has it done it at full throttle. There is no knock or misfire happening in my datalogs so it doesn't seem mechanical at all.

I use to think this was something mechanical like misfires, but I am leaning towards maybe being a faulty BCM. I have no way of proving that though and I'm afraid to take it to a dealer only to pay a lot of diagnostic fees and they aren't able to reproduce the problem as the car acts and drives normal most of the time. Any ideas or insights would be appreciated.

You have created all your own issues, no sympathy here

If you didn't mess around with your car, none of this would be happening,

Moral of the story, leave your car alone, and don't F around with it

Last edited: