Time for a meet! Saturday April 21st!

IcyStorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
What goes on at meets like this? Is it just a meet other owners and check out each other's cars?
Sponsored

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What goes on at meets like this? Is it just a meet other owners and check out each other's cars?
Yes, pretty much what happens.

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
Someone take pix I'm stuck at work!!!
You did not miss anything. Other car clubs there, so a wide variety of vehicles showed up, making noise cruising around the huge parking lot. I got there at 8p, and the parking area was packed. Met 3 Si owners, all very nice people. But unfortunately, there were haters there. While away from my car talking to other Civic owners, my car and another Civic next to mine got hit with egg in the rear. Never saw the other Honda owner, but lucky for me, I waxed my car twice before going, so the crap wiped off real easy. 8:15p more and more police showed up. People started leaving. The Honda group decided to move to another location. I passed. Never going to a meet with other clubs around again.

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan Manual
You did not miss anything. Other car clubs there, so a wide variety of vehicles showed up, making noise cruising around the huge parking lot. I got there at 8p, and the parking area was packed. Met 3 Si owners, all very nice people. But unfortunately, there were haters there. While away from my car talking to other Civic owners, my car and another Civic next to mine got hit with egg in the rear. Never saw the other Honda owner, but lucky for me, I waxed my car twice before going, so the crap wiped off real easy. 8:15p more and more police showed up. People started leaving. The Honda group decided to move to another location. I passed. Never going to a meet with other clubs around again.
Sux thanks for the heads up!

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
My take on this meet:

The other clubs had the worst group of people I have ever seen. Granted, there were very nice cars there like Lambos, Mercs, Vettes, Beemers, Camaros, Mustangs, custom rods, etc., but some of the owners of those cars were dicks. The flyer said not to make too much noise, but they did anyway speeding or reving up their cars around the parking lot. This of course brought out more and more police that resulted in most leaving early. While I was away talking to people, my Si and a Civic EX sedan next to my car got hit with egg in the rear. Luckily, I came back to my car and saw the mess, cleaned up with my damp microfiber. The other owner was nowhere to be seen. Finally, the taunting by a Camaro owner that Hondas are sh*t was the last straw. I left. Should have brought my Z06 for that clown.

From what I could tell, the Honda owners were orderely, appreciated each other's cars, some shared mod info, etc.
I met a guy with a very nice old school vtech civic that he was very proud of. I also met a guy with an Si having Type R exhaust tips, lowered with custom splitters. Had a chance to chat with the president of the Si Owner's Club. A real nice person. I will probably join that group. With the madness going on and getting worse, the Si Club decided to move elsewhere. I was invited, but declined and went home.

It seems that EVERY Honda owner I meet, are nice, enjoy their cars, and eager to talk about their mods, and offer advice.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
We should had it at Krispy Kreme instead. I went there at like 9:45pm and it was okay. Two other civic owner I talk to.

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan Manual
Wow it sounds like it was a real sh*t show.. Maybe next time we can do a better Honda fam meet and greet.
Sponsored