Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Is there a way to program your side view mirrors to tilt down a certain amount when you shift into reverse and then tilt back up when you shift out of reverse? This would be nice for parallel parking and getting as close to the curb as you can without scraping.
Sponsored

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
This would be a great feature as I am doing this constantly. I'd bet it's not a trivial thing to accomplish. I'd be down for it if it was doable though!

18TypeR-13922

First Name
ADM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2022 MDX A-Spec, 2015 Accord EXL
Country flag
Is there a way to program your side view mirrors to tilt down a certain amount when you shift into reverse and then tilt back up when you shift out of reverse? This would be nice for parallel parking and getting as close to the curb as you can without scraping.
My Pilot does this but I am sure this is not something easily accomplished like @krees said.

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
Easiest way would be to buy a BMW.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Or a Lexus.

I get in and out of them all the time to move em in our parking lot and any of them that are setup to move the mirrors much drive me absolutely crazy.

When im backing in my car near a curb I could easily understand as ive moved mine down to check before so i can see it being a thing.

I just feel like when backing up, the last thing I want, are my mirrors moving especially if I'm in a rush for any reason.

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
My Acura TSX did this. Not really used all that much.

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
This is how I understand how it works, and does on mine as I tend to use mirrors over the camera.. the l & r button used to adjust the mirror position, slide and leave it to the l position (maybe r for Left hand drive cars). When you select reverse, the mirror tilts down... try that and let me know if it works for you guys.. works for me in UK.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Not a huge deal but interesting it's not in the menus. It's been available on VWs and Audis for a long while.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
yep i wish this was a feature. I back into spaces frequently and use the mirrors to align myself. My old lexus had it and i used it a lot.
Sponsored