Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Not only have I just now noticed that I have a slight rattle in both the driver's side and passenger doors, but when driving on a smooth road, no other noises around, there is a repetitive ticking-like sound which seems to come from the driver's side window. Has anyone else experienced something like this before? The noise is almost like someone is tapping their nail on the window ever so slightly
Sponsored

bFarish87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I think what you might be talking about is the airbag thing between the window and the windshield. I usually fix it by squeezing it and pushing it in a little bit to stop the rattling.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
It could be the gasket between the door frame and the chassis. That's the noise I hear on mine. See if it changes if you poke your fingers (carefully!) in the gap above your left ear where you can feel the gasket. You'll know it's the right spot when you feel the door and body shift against each other slightly.

I had the same noise in my EP3, too. Must've been the same guy who built both of my cars since they came from the same Swindon assembly plant.

I fixed my EP's noise by loosening the door latch point on the body, sliding it inboard, then re-tightening it. Doing this made the door fit more snugly, just enough to keep the gasket from "squidging".

OP
OP
Divisi0n

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It could be the gasket between the door frame and the chassis. That's the noise I hear on mine. See if it changes if you poke your fingers (carefully!) in the gap above your left ear where you can feel the gasket. You'll know it's the right spot when you feel the door and body shift against each other slightly.

I had the same noise in my EP3, too. Must've been the same guy who built both of my cars since they came from the same Swindon assembly plant.

I fixed my EP's noise by loosening the door latch point on the body, sliding it inboard, then re-tightening it. Doing this made the door fit more snugly, just enough to keep the gasket from "squidging".
Definitely not the gasket. This is an actual ticking sound as if someone is taking a pencil tip and tapping lightly on the glass

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I have this exact sound on my drivers side window, it drives me nuts! I've only really noticed it when my window is cracked or down slightly. I do notice it goes away when I apply light pressure on the window, like just push from the drivers seat out on the window. But then comes back as soon as I take my hand away..

OP
OP
Divisi0n

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have this exact sound on my drivers side window, it drives me nuts! I've only really noticed it when my window is cracked or down slightly. I do notice it goes away when I apply light pressure on the window, like just push from the drivers seat out on the window. But then comes back as soon as I take my hand away..
I’ve noticed it when it’s closed and I’m just driving along normally

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I’ve noticed it when it’s closed and I’m just driving along normally
Hmmm. I'll have to check mine out tomorrow on the way to work. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna do it regardless, I just think it gets louder when it's cracked, for me at least it seems that way.

First Name
Teyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Any fixes so far? I'm suffering from this too and would love a solution!

First Name
Teyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to report that despite WD40 on that trim, the ticking noise is still there...

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Have this weird nose on my CTR as well. I know for sure the A-pillar rattles but I'm also getting this same sound from the window/door area. It drives me nuts!

First Name
Teyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does disappear when I press against the window while it's up. I'll see if I can disassemble the top part of the door today