First Name
Jordy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R EP3
Country flag
Hi guys,

I've been getting ticking noise coming from the engine bay constantly. I've stood besides two random civics and they are all making the same noise,

Just want to confirm is this a normal thing for the car?

Thanks
Sponsored

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
Hi guys,

I've been getting ticking noise coming from the engine bay constantly. I've stood besides two random civics and they are all making the same noise,

Thanks
Probably, Civics are direct injected rather than port injected.

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport CVT
Country flag
Hi guys,

Thanks
As the previous guy stated, direct injected engines run ridiculously high psi mechanical fuel pumps that make a ticking sound. Unfortunate side effect of direct injection but the benefits outweigh the cons. And it is drowned out unless you're standing by the engine bay

rednichols

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV 2023 (2022 USA)
Country flag
Hi guys,

Thanks
When I first received my 1.5T Honda I heard the same noise and did the online research. Nothing to do with valve trains, it's the "Vapor Canister Purge Valve SMP For 2016-2021 Honda Civic 1.5L Turbocharged". It ticks as it chooses rapidly between drawing from the fuel tank evap cannister and the intake manifold. So 'tick tick tick' is good :).

Honda Civic 10th gen Ticking noise coming from the engine bay cool air option (1)
Sponsored