amaru08

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Whiteline adjustable lower front balljoint!

Probably the only set out in the world for testing out of Whitelines headquarters lol.

These balljoints will be available through @Unity Performance very soon! Onto the product.

Overall build quality is amazing and it is a pretty straight forward install. After install i immediately noticed the steering its much stiffer and feels a lot better. And smoother. Highly recommend this for anyone on stock shocks that want more camber without having the need to buy coil overs. Or if you want more camber than the coils can offer.

Overall very pleased with this product!!!!

I took as many pictures as I can in order to cover each stage. If you have any pictures feel free to ask away!

Tools needed:
17mm socket
17mm box end wrench
18mm socket
19mm flex socket
Desired 1/2inch length extension
36mm axle nut socket
Balljoint separator, hammer, air hammer

1_20201027_171022.jpg

Had to use these jacks on each wheel to raise the car in order to get the hoist arms underneath haha! The Mugen sides hang lower than the oem side skirts.

1_20201027_171521.jpg

Picture of the stock balljoint
20201027_173607.jpg

Remove this cotter pin/clip from the lower balljoint.
20201027_173937.jpg

Remove 3x 17mm nuts under the control arm for the ball joint.
20201027_173952.jpg

Remove 19mm castle nut...as you can see that's not possible.
20201027_174358.jpg

Remove 36mm axle nut
20201027_174541.jpg

Pull out axle from hub and remove lower balljoint from lower control arm
20201027_174645.jpg

Use a balljoint separator tool if you have, or hammer the lower balljoint mounting space or use an air hammer to remove old balljoint.
20201027_175142.jpg

These are the nuts that were removed
- 3x 17mm lower balljoint bolts
- 1 axle nut
- 1 19mm castle nut
- 1 cotterpin/clip
20201027_180320.jpg

These are what were installed
20201027_180814.jpg

Here are some comparison pictures between oem and Whiteline
20201027_180401.jpg

20201027_180426.jpg

20201027_180615.jpg

I installed the castle nut first along with the cotter pin
20201027_181241.jpg

Installed lower balljoint bolt and nut but when tightening I pushed it in all the way for a oem spec install. (Didn't need too much more camber yet)
Used a 17mm box end wrench to hold the top of the bolt while using a gun with 18mm socket to tighten the bottom nuts.
Tightened axle nut to 190 foot lbs.
20201027_182025.jpg

Some installed pics.
Whiteline 27mm front swaybar
Whiteline adjustable stabilizer links set to stiff
Whiteline adjustable lower balljoint
27won bbk
TEIN Flex Z coil overs.
20201027_185311.jpg

20201027_185801.jpg
Are you still rubbing

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really interested in that. Where will you plug those?
Going to tap into the door switch on the B pillar. So when the door opens the light turns on and goes off when door is closed.

Are you still rubbing
No. I stopped rubbing once I installed my Teins and dialed in the suspension. Sitting lower than I did with my eibachs with zero rub.

The whiteline lower baljoints Are more beneficial to anyone on stock shocks and lowering springs. Or if you have a coil over set that doesn't have upper camber adjustment. Or if you just want to run a couple of degrees of more camber to fit wider wheels.

However overall steering feel is much tighter with the whiteline balljoints and love it!

Last edited:

amaru08

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Going to tap into the door switch on the B pillar. So when the door opens the light turns on and goes off when door is closed.

No. I stopped rubbing once I installed my Teins and dialed in the suspension. Sitting lower than I did with my eibachs with zero rub.

The whiteline lower baljoints Are more beneficial to anyone on stock shocks and lowering springs. Or if you have a coil over set that doesn't have upper camber adjustment. Or if you just want to run a couple of degrees of more camber to fit wider wheels.

However overall steering feel is much tighter with the whiteline balljoints and love it!
Nice. I have to say that your build is one of the BEST examples I have seen thus far. You haven't cheaped out on anything & it shows.

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. I have to say that your build is one of the BEST examples I have seen thus far. You haven't cheaped out on anything & it shows.
Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. It's just how I always have been. Not a fan of replica stuff especially when it comes to performance (Drivetrain, Suspension) as they are very Crucial and safety oriented.

Other things I can get away with for the most part but try not too. Got some big plans for it but will have to wait and see haha! Maybe end of next year into 2022.

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next up! Some Acuity bits!

Shifter assembly and throttle spacer.

Most of you know I'm running the Hybrid Racing Launch Edition shifter assembly and it is an amazing shifter for the cost.

I have had it for a little over a year and and have no complaints.

What fun is a project without any changes?

I will be doing a comparison between Acuity and Hybrid and provide some feedback.

I have driven an Acuity equiped Si quite a few times and the shifts are crisp and tight.

All Acuity items can be purchased from www.unity-performance.com @unity.performance

Shifter should be installed in a week or two and as weather clears up I'll start the testing process.

Also will be installing the throttle pedal spacer so be sure to see the update.

Stay tuned!!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si 20201223_224736

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Acuity is in....will have a post about it soon! Also will be comparing the Acuity and Hybrid Racing!

20210104_181507.jpg

20210104_173933.jpg
Looking good! I love my Acuity shifter.

I will note that it feels a little better after a month or 2 of break-in compared to day 1. It was almost too stiff in the beginning lol.

Do you have the transmission side shifter cable bushings also?

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking good! I love my Acuity shifter.

I will note that it feels a little better after a month or 2 of break-in compared to day 1. It was almost too stiff in the beginning lol.

Do you have the transmission side shifter cable bushings also?
Are you sure it broke in or did you just get used to the stiffness lol. Might be in the mind haha.

I have the transmission side bushings it was one of the first mods I did.

I actually went from Stock to the Type R with acuity add ons, to the Hybrid Racing and now to Acuity. I have driven with the Acuity shifter in @CanadiaegeanBlue (Humza's) and know quite well how it is.

The hybrid shifter is a great shifter for a budget build for sure.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure it broke in or did you just get used to the stiffness lol. Might be in the mind haha.

I have the transmission side bushings it was one of the first mods I did.

I actually went from Stock to the Type R with acuity add ons, to the Hybrid Racing and now to Acuity. I have driven with the Acuity shifter in @CanadiaegeanBlue (Humza's) and know quite well how it is.

The hybrid shifter is a great shifter for a budget build for sure.
Haha maybe I did get used to it!

I also had the Type R shifter (2020) with the FK8 stage 2 Acuity kit and thought it was real nice but I wanted more adjustability. I almost regretted the full Acuity shifter in the beginning because of how stiff it was, but then I grew to love it.

I sold the R shifter with Acuity upgrades to a local civicx buddy and drove his car like 5 months after I've been using the full shifter. The feeling in the stage 2 doesnt even compare to the stage 3. Acuity spoiled me

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha maybe I did get used to it!

I also had the Type R shifter (2020) with the FK8 stage 2 Acuity kit and thought it was real nice but I wanted more adjustability. I almost regretted the full Acuity shifter in the beginning because of how stiff it was, but then I grew to love it.

I sold the R shifter with Acuity upgrades to a local civicx buddy and drove his car like 5 months after I've been using the full shifter. The feeling in the stage 2 doesnt even compare to the stage 3. Acuity spoiled me
Your right hand just got stronger ?

OP
OP
Thusee

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Little off topic, realized I never added the Ultra Racing front torsion bar install pics.
In order to install you must trim the bottom shroud a bit for clearance. Simply unbolt the factory 17mm bolt into the chassis, put the bar up and bolt it back in with the supplied washer.

Trim the panel accordingly for clearance. You can use the pictures below for reference.

You can purchase the bar from @Unity Performance , you can check out other chassis bracing on the website as well.

www.Unity-Performance.com

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si Screenshot_20210103-202300_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si Screenshot_20210103-202306_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si Screenshot_20210103-202313_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si Screenshot_20210103-202323_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si Screenshot_20210103-202247_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen Thuseefc - Mugen Si Screenshot_20210103-202254_Gallery

Jay19Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What a great thread, cant believe I haven’t seen this yet!