Throttle Pedal Response

How sensitive do you think the throttle pedal is? (Sport/+R mode)

• Total voters

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
What is artificially heavy about it? It the power steering does not fight against you turning the wheel, so it quite literally isn't artificial. I used to drive an Accord which I removed the power steering from. +R mode is nowhere near as heavy feeling as the Accord steering was without power steering and the Accord had 195 size tires.
Sponsored

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Yup.

I would love to be able to set it to start in comfort mode. My daily commute is 5 minutes long and includes somewhat bumpy roads and a top speed of 25 MPH.

Night Fury, are you talking about being able to pull the e-brake to temporarily lock the back brakes to do a J Turn without having to toggle it back off? Yes.

Do you know if the e-brake uses the rear disc brakes or are there little drum brakes built in which hold the car when the e-brake is activated? I know I've driven a car with the latter, and at speeds over 10MPH, the e-brake couldn't actually lock the rear up.

As for the e-brake itself, I have no idea, however the noise you hear when you applied it leads me to think that it could be a pin using an actuator, I might be wrong.. From earlier videos from Honda Europe official , there is one time they were performing slides on the car, but not sure if that was just induced over steering.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
What is artificially heavy about it? It the power steering does not fight against you turning the wheel, so it quite literally isn't artificial. I used to drive an Accord which I removed the power steering from. +R mode is nowhere near as heavy feeling as the Accord steering was without power steering and the Accord had 195 size tires.
It's heavily dampened. I get it it is probably gives a better senation of stability at speed but I've driven an Elise in autox with a manual rack that felt better and turned easier once you were moving. In the Elise it's not just hesvy for the sake of being heavy. You could feel the road with it.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't doubt that the Elise had better steering feel, but the lightness in its steering probably comes from having much smaller tires and over 1,000lbs less weight. I enjoy the way the R feels in R+ at higher speeds because it makes it much easier (to me at least) to feel the limit of traction.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
In my opinion, comfort's suspension is way too soft (almost boat like on the highway sometimes) and the steering feels like it has almost no feedback / floaty. I never really use this mode unless I'm on a long stretch of highway with cruise control.

Sport mode is meh for me. Suspension is comfortable but still stiff enough where it feels sporty. Throttle is not bad and still feels fun to drive. Steering is not heavy enough.

+R mode is my favorite and i prefer to drive in this mode 80% of time. Its stiff but not teeth shattering stiff, and I love the steering tightness and throttle response. I have been using it less lately because with the KTuner multi-stage 1, you'll see your MPG really go south of 20mpg once you get heavy footed. 93 octane fuel adds up!

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
VW & Audi guys use this product to live up the throttle on their cars.

https://www.sprintboostersales.com/
I have heard of a few folks using the Remus Responder (same idea) for the Type R. I'm curious to try it but am afraid of throttle jamming wide open due to some faulty circuitry (probably low probability, but still makes me nervous)
Sponsored