Throttle controller for 2019 civic sport 2.0L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic 2.0 Sedan
Country flag
So I am wondering does anyone have any experiences about throttle controllers and which one is the best to buy, and if they even help with anything? I have a KTuner and CAI with the down pipe. I was looking on procivic when I saw their throttle controls and was curious if they’re even worth the buy.
Sponsored

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
There are some "Throttle Response" control settings in kTuner.. I keep my throttle set to stock instead of so I don't have low speed driving issues

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are some "Throttle Response" control settings in kTuner.. I keep my throttle set to stock instead of so I don't have low speed driving issues
Yeah, I saw that. I set it to 2 but it still seems kinda sluggish? I know it did make it more responsive but there’s still that lag/ delay

Gryghst

First Name
SHANE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport
Country flag
I have (Pedal Roar ) and it has 5 different stages w 1-9 on each one best thing I've bought and you can install it in 10 mins. Go to pedalroar.com I swear its worth every penny

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have (Pedal Roar ) and it has 5 different stages w 1-9 on each one best thing I've bought and you can install it in 10 mins. Go to pedalroar.com I swear its worth every penny
does it make a huge difference? Do you also have the ktuner in your civic?

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Arent you scare one day that thing might crash or stop working while you're driving and then your accelerator might be stuck open at full trottle? i would worry...
That’s another good question. I’m not too concerned since I have a manual, won’t be that much of a difference to just put it in neutral. But in a automatic I can see the paranoia.

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which settings do you typically sit on? Or do you just change them as your drive
Change as I go, but typically I leave it in the middle setting. It's a major improvement on the responsiveness but not too jolty. The max setting is very jolty.

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Arent you scare one day that thing might crash or stop working while you're driving and then your accelerator might be stuck open at full trottle? i would worry...
Actually never crossed my mind on that but its been fine the past year fingers crossed ntohing happens

snyperwolf62

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing
Country flag
Nope no ktuner but it makes a huge difference while your driving you can switch in-between modes and you can feel it in the car.
I've heard people have been happy with the Roar Pedal, I think I'm going to pick one up. I'm planning on tuning with Hondata later this year, so I hope it doesn't make anything weird. Does Roar Pedal also have a feature to work as a kill switch to the throttle?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I've heard people have been happy with the Roar Pedal, I think I'm going to pick one up. I'm planning on tuning with Hondata later this year, so I hope it doesn't make anything weird. Does Roar Pedal also have a feature to work as a kill switch to the throttle?
We would never recommend one of these type products to begin with but I will say that stacking it with KTuner or Hondata is an even worse idea.

snyperwolf62

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX w/Honda Sensing
Country flag
We would never recommend one of these type products to begin with but I will say that stacking it with KTuner or Hondata is an even worse idea.
Okay, so now I'm curious. Can you explain what's the deal with them? I thought they just control the input sensitivity curve of the pedal? How would that cause trouble?
Sponsored