Throttle by wire

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
  • Banned
What happens when the throttle body starts to gum up? I guess you just have to be proactive with this, or is there some type of error to inform the operator? Eventually that puny servo motor won't be able to overcome the resistance of a fouled TB. There's no feedback mechanism AFAIK from examining the circuits that are germane to throttle operation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
At m
What happens when the throttle body starts to gum up? I guess you just have to be proactive with this, or is there some type of error to inform the operator? Eventually that puny servo motor won't be able to overcome the resistance of a fouled TB. There's no feedback mechanism AFAIK from examining the circuits that are germane to throttle operation.
You sure there's no feedback? Throttle could be a communicating device on CANBUS, not and analog position command. 2 wires can give position command, feedback and other info like an end switches for homing.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
While I'm sure anything is possible, I don't know if that will ever be an issue. My previous car, a 2007 Honda Pilot, had drive-by-wire. I owned it for a little over 10 years - had 8 miles on the odometer when I bought it - and 130,000+ miles. Never once did I experience a throttle-related issue. Until the day I sold it, throttle response was instant.
Sponsored