Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope I won’t be fueling the fire here. I wanted to test the bypass in cold weather. I wanted to see it the TB does ice in colder weather.
My 89 jeep xj does not have coolant running through it, the difference is it’s cable actuated. I drive it hard in the snow and it pulls cold air from outside the engine bay. Never had a icing problem.
so I did the bypass on my 2.0 na 6mt. with 60*f temps. I noticed some differences just off throttle (crisper) and the intake was cold even after 100 hard driven miles.
Today it was 35*f. She had sat a few nights outside where temps dropped below 32. It started and warmed up normally.
I drive up the mountain pass so I could keep good speed, doing full throttle pulls and keeping high rpm.
Even at 32*, the IAT never dropped below 36* (Usual is 8-10*above ambient). Stopped to check temp of TB. Cold, but not threatening cold.
I put about 60miles on it in cold weather, no problems.
I did feel crispier throttle at first throttle opening, between shifts, and Vtec felt more pronounced. Stft’s seemed to want to add more fuel, not a outrageous amount but more. That could be from colder air in general tho.

I will try it again with colder temps and report back.
This was a very detailed observation. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored