First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hi everyone,
Would appreciate your thoughts about my build for 2021 type R.
The stock system is 7 inch head unit 180W with 8 speakers (EU version).
main amp+DSP: Audison Prima AP F8.9 bit 8 x 85 W RMS and 4 x 260 in bridge mode (RMS @ 4Ω)
sub amp: Audison Prima AP1 D - 1-channel amplifier 1 Ch @ 4Ω: 310 W x 1, 1 Ch @ 2Ω: 540 W x 1
3-way front stage: Hertz ML 700.3 – 70 mm Midrange+ Hertz ML 280.3 – 28 mm Tweeter+ Hertz ML 1650.3-165mm woofer
rear speakers: Hertz CK 165-16 cm Speaker Composystem
subwoofer: JL Audio 10W6v3-D4
would like to mount the mids and maybe also the tweeters with theese:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274321270399
Sponsored

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think you are going to spend a lot of time figuring out the proper signals.

In the US market, each of the speakers has its individual amplifier channel so finding new equipment to match is tough. (10 channel stock amp)

In setup I reduced the system from 10 to 6 channel. I retained the stock amp for the center, have a 4x60 watt amp for front and rear, and have 1x150 for the subwoofer.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I think you are going to spend a lot of time figuring out the proper signals.

In the US market, each of the speakers has its individual amplifier channel so finding new equipment to match is tough. (10 channel stock amp)

In setup I reduced the system from 10 to 6 channel. I retained the stock amp for the center, have a 4x60 watt amp for front and rear, and have 1x150 for the subwoofer.
Isn't that something the installer should be doing with the DSP?

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The tweeter size in this setup is 1.38 inch. will it fit in the OEM tweeter location?

another option is to go with a hertz 1950.3 2-way kit, it has a 1 inch tweeter, the same mid woofer and add just the midrange.

OP
OP

udihamudi65

First Name
Ehud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
OK, just found out that the OEM tweeters are 1.5 inch so I guess it will be fine.
Another question is for a good sound stage, it is better to have component speakers in the back or just coax, or maybe stay with OEM?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Isn't that something the installer should be doing with the DSP?

Yes I believe all your equipment is high end so there should be enough options. But for example one problem is the Honda factory setup sends only midrange to the door speaker and only high frequency to the tweeter. You might need to find a way to sum up those signals and feed it to your component speakers. Additionally there is a low pass crossover on all speakers except the subwoofer.

However if you have a competent installer they should be able to get it set up and sounding good.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
The tweeter size in this setup is 1.38 inch. will it fit in the OEM tweeter location?

another option is to go with a hertz 1950.3 2-way kit, it has a 1 inch tweeter, the same mid woofer and add just the midrange.
I would not personally do a 3 way setup upfront. The system is already fairly complicated, and I like to have a factory look with mounting only a mid woofer in the factory door location and a tweeter in the OEM location.
Sponsored