Thoughts on this weird issue?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Change battery - keep receipt - worse case we're wrong :) Nothing else makes sense. And batteries are pieces of crap - even if they pass a test they can still be 'bad' in some conditions.

OP
OP
typearghhhh

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Change battery - keep receipt - worse case we're wrong :) Nothing else makes sense. And batteries are pieces of crap - even if they pass a test they can still be 'bad' in some conditions.
the whole thing is just strange, so i did go to lunch today for 10 minutes and parked near my spot where i can't start the car ( few spaces away) facing the opposite direction of the sun and the car started up no issues

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
it was tested with a battery tester at firestone auto care
Okay I ask cause to really test a battery you have to fully charge it before doing a load test. This cane take up to an hr and a half sometimes. So if the only had your cat for 20 minutes or so that’s not long enough to properly test it

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
noticed you live in LV, how has the temperature been? battery might not be coping well with the heat. When i was visiting LV my uber driver mentioned he had to change out his batteries more often than usual due to the extreme heat. Was the only thing that changed with your car was the weather/location when the problem started?

A longer shot, but did you ever check your grounds? there are youtube videos on how to do this. Basically take a multimeter and measure resistance between the negative terminal and different ground points on the car.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Welcome to the Southwest :)
Battery longevity and warranties are useless here. A 3 year battery will usually make it 2 summers if you park outside. A 2 year battery will last 1.

Check your connections and grounds, if those are good, get a new battery before it dies completely.

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
Welcome to the Southwest :)
Battery longevity and warranties are useless here. A 3 year battery will usually make it 2 summers if you park outside. A 2 year battery will last 1.

Check your connections and grounds, if those are good, get a new battery before it dies completely.
Sounds like the southwest, and what's even funnier is everyone out here owns a tesla 🤣 boy they gonna be in for a surprise when they need a 20k battery in less than expected charging cycles

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
If it only happens nose up, I'd check for loose wiring or something else that can shift and cause a short like tacthecat said. Possibly something aftermarket that may not be fused correctly (fuse should blow in this situation).
Sponsored