SportHatch77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I've been driving my 6MT '19 Civic HB Sport Touring for a year and I've fallen in love with this car! I've done some small mods (tints, window visors, splash guards, smoked side markers, LED fog lights, plasti-dipped emblems). I think I'm ready to do some bigger, performance mods now.

Initially I planned on getting new wheels, tires, coil-overs, front + rear sway bars, CAI, exhaust, and finally of course K-tuner/Hondata. But after doing some preliminary reading I'm not sure if it's the best choice to mod my only car. I want this car to last 10+ years. Will it last that long if I go through with these mods? Otherwise, would it be smarter to stick with smaller, more "aesthetic" mods?

Would it be wiser to keep this car stock and save up for a second vehicle, and then decide? Some people have been saying it makes much more sense to mod an Si rather than a HB Sport since the Si comes with more power, LSD, more "bang-for-buck mods" etc... so now I've been second guessing myself! ?

For some more insight to my financial situation, I am going to be paying off this car for the next 4 years. I make enough money that I'd be able to buy another new car by the time this one is paid off. Forgive me for my ignorance in this area. This car is the first car I've bought (well, financed) myself and I am brand new to the car modding scene. My previous car was generously given to me by my mother when I turned 18 and she made me promise not to make any changes to it since it was to be given back once I was able to buy my own car. Thank you for the input!
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
If your heart is leaning towards the Si, go for it since you said that money is not a problem.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I ran with a modded car as my only cAr for over 10 years. As long as you are not putting on a $10k liberty walk kit and $10k forged wheels on it. Don’t worry.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My Civic EX-L sedan is also my only car. And so far, I've done a bunch of cosmetics mods, bought new wheels and tires (install soon), a strut bar, intake mods, rear crossmember bar, upgraded rear sway and a tune.

I've always modded my cars. Everything from a Plymouth Barracuda and Trans AM back in the day to an Elantra GT and KIa Forte SX more recently.

And why wouldn't you want to mod. Why be like every other cookie cutter Civic on the road? Why not have a better performing vehicle? Sure the Si has more ultimate modding potential but there's plenty of room to turn a non-Si into a pretty nice performing vehicle.

As far as the longevity and something like a tune, just don't abuse it and go for a base tune with moderate power increases. You should be fine.

Last but not least in terms of spending a lot of $$ in mods only to trade in for another car, remember this...

It's always best to remove your mods when you trade a car to a dealer. Virtually all the mods you do have some value; either as something you can use for your next car or something you can sell and recoup some of your money.

My modded car puts a smile on my face every day.

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
I would say go for it, personally. A tune, CAI, and exhaust is very common around here and is reliable (avoid Injen intake). That being said, the one mod I would be careful with is coils/springs for your daily driver especially depending how the roads are in your area. You probably don't want to slam it too much since driving around would just be a big PITA.

I should also add, sometimes it comes down to looks and connection with the car. I personally just love the look of the Hatch. Could I go buy an SI? Yes, but I still get giggly when looking at the HBs.
Sponsored