Diamond Ned

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So i just bought a 2017 sport from one of the biggest dealers in my state, so i like to think they know what they're doing for the most part. But i tend to see a lot of discussion here saying to avoid the dealers for Maintenance?

I went to school with the finance manager and he decided to give me their 5 Year Maintenance Package for free.. which would include all basic scheduled maintenance for 5 years, tire discount coupons, etc.

I would feel like an idiot giving up all that free oil, rotations, fluids, etc. Is it really that bad to go to a dealer? Whats so bad about it? What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Completely agree with the above. Most dealer prices are high, but most dealers near me offer free state inspections for the life of the car (ie, as long as I own it). If they offered free oil or fluid changes, etc. I'd gladly take them up on it.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m fine with my dealer working on the car for some things or w/e. I usually get coupons in my email for service discounts and whatnot. You always get a free point inspection with anything they do. Prices are fine, like 50’ish for an oil change/filter and tire rotation. Rather have them work on it for the main stuff since I got the 7-year warranty. ??‍♂

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Dealers tend to cost way more, and some have shady practices to upsell. That "free maintenance" probably wasn't or wont be as free as you think

OP
OP
Diamond Ned

Diamond Ned

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thank you all for your thoughts! I appreciate the feedback for sure. You're right I'd might as well take advantage!
Sponsored