Thoughts on 2021 BRZ

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just saw the 2021 BRZ release. What do yall think? Personally I wish they went FI instead of NA but oh well. If it was FI it was 100% going to be my next daily.
Sponsored

Rsmith12x

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport CVT (Sonic Grey)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just saw the 2021 BRZ release. What do yall think? Personally I wish they went FI instead of NA but oh well. If it was FI it was 100% going to be my next daily.
I mean its ok... All they really did was modernize the interior and exterior a little bit, made it slightly longer and lower, with a little bit more power. I don't seeanything special about it seeing as tho they still went NA with nothing crazy in terms of power and no real new benefits.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
It’s pretty cool. It has a nice power increase and improved looks/interior. Looks like they put a little Supra design on it. As far as coupes go, I’m holding out for the 400z. I’d sell my hatchback for that, but not for the BRZ.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
looks like a Porsche in the front and a BMW in the back......numbers aren't really impressive but hey at least they increased horsepower unlike Honda

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Just reminded me a lot of a MX-5, interior looks like a great improvement though. Wonder if the they will go with a turbo variant now...

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
It does look nice but it looks like it lost some of its sleek lines compared to the outgoing model. Looks a little more taller and chunkier?

Yeah Since it’s inception I thought it was a natural thing to toss in the Subie turbo engine but I guess some people say they want to maintain its purist sports car formula. Could be other things such as cost too, who knows. But the Miata has stayed NA perhaps for the same reasons?

With that in mind it would be kinda nifty if they made a convertible BRZ...

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
the new one is gonna be 2022. it looks good, i like the rear end styling, wish it offers more power. I guess they dont want it to be faster than the WRX.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I’m gonna be trading in my ND Miata for one as my second Fun Car.

Either a new WRX/or STi as a daily driver. Or if Honda goes AWD with the next CTR or the Si comes in a hathback then I’ll come back.

So many great cars out there to buy atm, I will also take a look at the 400Z as well.

I think Honda did well on the new Civic redesign though.

congrats Subaru the new BRZ looks awesome!!!

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
As someone with 208k miles/7 years in a BRZ, I excite. 18" center of gravity is no joke, and that's on the first gen. More power is nice but I never added to mine. /shrug. Was still a blast. Would consider this one too.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Love it, hopefully in a few years I'll be able to pick one up as a second car. Numbers are decent now and still looks great, especially the rear end. Turbo would have been nice, but these days NA is actually more unique hah! I would have preferred analog gauges, but if they fixed that torque dip it will definitely be a winner for ~$30k

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i love it.

i want one as a daily as long as they fixed the hideous torque dip that the first gens had.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually really like it even though a lot of my friends don't

I think the design is super sick and with some meaty tires + lowered I know it'll look great. Nice power bump, naturally aspirated, 2 door and RWD. Also sounds pretty damn good for a stock entry level sports car.

Not a fan of those mini rear fender flares though, probably my only complaint. Wondering if it'll be detachable.
Sponsored