Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like?

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
It doesn’t really have a brand and model name but works beautifully

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Ddpai mini. Just tucked the wiring under the panels without removing them down the driver side. Hooked it into the fuse for parking mode. Dash cam with hard wiring kit cost me $90.

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? 20180405_050716

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? 20180405_050811

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? 20180405_050929

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I'm simple. Didn't hardwire, just routed the cord down the through the headliner, down the A-pillar, and underneath the glovebox (there's a small channel that the cord fits perfectly into)

v1dzG6Rf21xY6U8XOHW1UVRFv9NlZKI8Zfd0nM1MVB8Zg36YrgQLJm8-lQBt4Z8sZC7KAUMBvN4vNNublh=w1288-h966-no.jpg

Qvur9C2WTP95tNA90VwNxMp7lCI81HYa0AwdLc5nkTxJ2PhKhbLMaI6qyTfDZeX8DDvv2yRaKt9UufM77_=w1288-h966-no.jpg
I have this one, its great. I did attach mine up on the black section with the lens just showing underneath.

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? cam

mxmzd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I need help with how to hide the cables best in my 2017 EX-T Sedan. I've got a Viofo A129 Duo and the front camera was super easy to set up. The rear camera is a bit harder. The cable is thicker and barely went into the a-pillar. At the b pillar I can't force it into the corners as shown in the pictures. How much can the interior take? I don't want to dent it as it is a leased car. If I'll keep the upper way with the cable I'll also have an issue with the cable being too long - where did you hide the "rest"? Last but not least: The plug is rather big and I can't properly force it higher. That's why I didn't stick it on yet. Any ideas or hints? Thank you!

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? pic1

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? pic2

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? pic3

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? pic4

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? pic5

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? pic6

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? pic7

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I need help with how to hide the cables best in my 2017 EX-T Sedan. I've got a Viofo A129 Duo and the front camera was super easy to set up. The rear camera is a bit harder. The cable is thicker and barely went into the a-pillar. At the b pillar I can't force it into the corners as shown in the pictures. How much can the interior take? I don't want to dent it as it is a leased car. If I'll keep the upper way with the cable I'll also have an issue with the cable being too long - where did you hide the "rest"? Last but not least: The plug is rather big and I can't properly force it higher. That's why I didn't stick it on yet. Any ideas or hints? Thank you!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg
You gotta remove the panel and put the wire underneath it and the headliner. Won't be easy. Which model do you have?

Edit: nvm I see it. I'll take a look at how to remove the panel rn and let you know in a minute

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Pulling that panel is a pain. I'd just push on it with a panel tool until it goes in there.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I put mine behind the rear view mirror as I don’t need to look at the dashcam all the time. I’m not confident on messing with the cover so I let the wire show a little (and since the camera is fixed, the wire is on the opposite side of the wire cover if I keep the cam centered).

Used a 12v to 5v micro usb adapter. had the wire run through the roof panel(?) then inside the A pillar on the side of the interior fuse box, and straight to the interior fuse box. connected the adapter to a low-profile mini tap (some websites called it micro, while some websites have a different one for micro).

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? 5D7BB848-C330-4D7D-B20B-2D31B2BA1ED1

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? 8AEEFF49-F7B4-49E4-9B07-E56BC0597400

Last edited:

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The wires are super easy to run. I just tucked in the wires on the headliner and then tucked it in through the A pillar down the side to the fuse box. No wires are visible except for the wire that goes straight up from the unit to the headliner. The camera itself is hidden behind the rear view mirror from my point of view.
IYbtgQW.jpg

if you have an auto dimming mirror, you can actually hide the wires using the harness cover for the auto dimming mirror. Here's how I hid the wires on my '16 ILX. I might get that harness cover for the Type R and somehow mount that cover to hide the wire going towards the headliner also.
9PjMQqT.jpg
Could you post your setup? What camera, mount, etc? Looks like exactly what I was looking for. Did you follow a guide?