Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like?

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I just have a gopro in the middle lol
Sponsored

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I highly recommend checking out this DIY post by Zero here. Very useful information.
Very useful post. I used that same PDF (and fusetap) from that post, just forgot to bookmark it, but already had the PDF saved to my favorites.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm simple. Didn't hardwire, just routed the cord down the through the headliner, down the A-pillar, and underneath the glovebox (there's a small channel that the cord fits perfectly into)

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? v1dzG6Rf21xY6U8XOHW1UVRFv9NlZKI8Zfd0nM1MVB8Zg36YrgQLJm8-lQBt4Z8sZC7KAUMBvN4vNNublh=w1288-h966-no

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? Qvur9C2WTP95tNA90VwNxMp7lCI81HYa0AwdLc5nkTxJ2PhKhbLMaI6qyTfDZeX8DDvv2yRaKt9UufM77_=w1288-h966-no

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
I'm simple. Didn't hardwire, just routed the cord down the through the headliner, down the A-pillar, and underneath the glovebox (there's a small channel that the cord fits perfectly into)

v1dzG6Rf21xY6U8XOHW1UVRFv9NlZKI8Zfd0nM1MVB8Zg36YrgQLJm8-lQBt4Z8sZC7KAUMBvN4vNNublh=w1288-h966-no.jpg

Qvur9C2WTP95tNA90VwNxMp7lCI81HYa0AwdLc5nkTxJ2PhKhbLMaI6qyTfDZeX8DDvv2yRaKt9UufM77_=w1288-h966-no.jpg
I got one for Christmas, just bought a memory card for it online, been meaning to install it here soon. Did you have to snap the apillar plastic off to do it?

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got one for Christmas, just bought a memory card for it online, been meaning to install it here soon. Did you have to snap the apillar plastic off to do it?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but the A pillar plastic does not snap off, there is a bolt behind the airbag logo, and then it can be popped off.

Reactions: jeb

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
I know this wasn't directed at me, but the A pillar plastic does not snap off, there is a bolt behind the airbag logo.
This is exactly what I wanted to know basically haha.

So one bolt and then clips and it comes off if I wanna run the wire behind that?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This install guide for the auto dimming mirror was really helpful when figuring out how to pull panels and route wiring. Only steps I used for panel removal were 5 and 9-13.

Steps 23-27 were helpful for showing how to route the wiring

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is exactly what I wanted to know basically haha.

So one bolt and then clips and it comes off if I wanna run the wire behind that?
Yes, follow the instructions in the DIY I posted earlier in this thread. Super easy, really helpful DIY post.

canalrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Hello,
I really like the idea of a dash cam. I think it's main purpose is to document events – say someone runs a red light, or breaks the passenger window to steal something.

I don't think superhigh resolution is necessary, but I do think 360° coverage is mandatory. Other things like "parking mode" is necessary and it should have a pre-event buffer of 30 seconds or so to capture what happens before the guy breaks your window.

There is something called a Waylens Secure 360 which I think is pretty close. There are too many places that don't have 4G coverage – the 4G version is out. It would also be nice to have a smaller mounted unit and a separate electronics box that can be hidden under the dash or something.

I've been looking for a year. Does anyone know of anything similar to this – a dash cam with 360° coverage?

Thanks,
Barry.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag

v1dzG6Rf21xY6U8XOHW1UVRFv9NlZKI8Zfd0nM1MVB8Zg36YrgQLJm8-lQBt4Z8sZC7KAUMBvN4vNNublh=w1288-h966-no.jpg

Qvur9C2WTP95tNA90VwNxMp7lCI81HYa0AwdLc5nkTxJ2PhKhbLMaI6qyTfDZeX8DDvv2yRaKt9UufM77_=w1288-h966-no.jpg
I have the same one from Rexing! however I put mine much higher, actually where the Black markings are at the top of the windscreen. Im at work and will go out later and take some pics.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If memory serves me (did it like a year and a half ago), I just pried gently and it was enough to snake the cord in there. No tools needed.

I have the same one from Rexing! however I put mine much higher, actually where the Black markings are at the top of the windscreen. Im at work and will go out later and take some pics.
Shortly after I installed, I noticed two other cars in my parking lot at work are running dashcams too. They've both got theirs at roughly the same height. The footage from mine just looks slightly off-center, it doesn't look too low or anything.

If the Honda sensing/rain sensing wiper box and my EZ-Pass weren't in the way I'd have mounted mine just below the mirror housing.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yi Ultra Dash Cam using included 3m mount and the included usb cable routed through the headliner, down the A-Pillar, behind the dash trim in the door sill, through the glove box between the hinge and the box itself (hidden) out to the 12v port. its 98% all hidden and does not bother me at all as you have to really inspect to see it. The cam itself is mounted behind the mirror to cover as much of it as possible ( I don't like things in my field of view). The camera itself is OKAY... could have better quality video but for its price point ($80-100) its at the top of its price point.
Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? xPcZx

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? xPXsH

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? xPbD1

Sample video, there is some music playing (with profanity) and my maps nav so mute if that bugs you but that is the audio quality of the built in mic on this dash cam. Also the source quality is a bit better than what youtube delivers so keep that in mind.

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? xPcZx

Honda Civic 10th gen Those with a dash camera...what does your setup/install look like? xPXsH