Those with 27WON RMM, do you hear this?

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
i only get it at idle, but i can literally hear the tranny im pretty sure. it sounds like a weird knock but its only from the tranny because when i press the clutch in it goes away and all i hear is the DI of the engine. Once i let out i hear the noise again. Its not a sharp metallic noise but more of a solid noise, if that even makes sense... I only really started to notice it after the RMM install.
Could it just be because the chassis mount is metal to metal and i never heard it before or could my clutch be fucked already? I notice no slip honestly but sometimes the clutch engages like a snap. Or could i just be a worry wort like i usually am??
Anyone hear noises they never had after install? Mind you im about 3-400 miles since install
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Check your under cover?

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Re check the mount torque.
Also, yes I hear a ton of extra noise with mine, but no Knocking sounds.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Check your under cover?
yea its all good looking man. Havent checked tranny level yet though. Ive had this weird grease leak or its just grease from the factory that slings off from the half shaft or whatever that shaft is you can see if you look down behind the engine on the passenger side since i got the car, but now that im tuned like a fuckin retard i dont wanna take it in to the dealer. I read that thats just factory grease but im not sure honestly. i dont think that would be the cause though

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Re check the mount torque.
Also, yes I hear a ton of extra noise with mine, but no Knocking sounds.
not really a knock, i just hear the fuckin clutch.... its weird. im about to change the fluid soon. heard that amsoil shit is good??

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
not really a knock, i just hear the fuckin clutch.... its weird. im about to change the fluid soon. heard that amsoil shit is good??
I like the Amsoil Syncromesh

I have the Perrin inserts, and when the AC is on and running hard it sounds a little like knocking, even though it's not.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
I like the Amsoil Syncromesh

I have the Perrin inserts, and when the AC is on and running hard it sounds a little like knocking, even though it's not.
that makes me feel a lot better. I do notice though when ac is on and i come to a stop (idle) my knock control bounces from normal .49 to as low as .44. is that bad??

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
does your AC sound loud as FUCK as well?
Yes it is. Also, I just switched to Amsoil about 600 miles ago. Not impressed. Save money and buy Pensoil syncromesh od ACDelco.
.44 knock control is fine I believe.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
yea its all good looking man. Havent checked tranny level yet though. Ive had this weird grease leak or its just grease from the factory that slings off from the half shaft or whatever that shaft is you can see if you look down behind the engine on the passenger side since i got the car, but now that im tuned like a fuckin retard i dont wanna take it in to the dealer. I read that thats just factory grease but im not sure honestly. i dont think that would be the cause though
No car comes with factory leaks like that. Its your CV axle boot thats ripped and flinging grease everywhere when it spins. It happened to mine after i installed my coils. Theres a thread somewhere here that says that boot can be ripped slightly when installing coils due to a small sharp metal piece on the lower control arm if your not careful. Are you lowered? Are you first owner or is the car used and when did you get tuned? Sorry for all the questions lol

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
The 27WON mount is practically solid, you're going to hear a ton of extra noise in the cabin compared to stock or even most other aftermarket RMMs. Check that everything is torqued properly, but you're pretty much just going to experience every bit of NVH.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I only experience the NVH (which I prefer anyway), but no knocking sounds or anything like that. Let us know if you find out what it is

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
No car comes with factory leaks like that. Its your CV axle boot thats ripped and flinging grease everywhere when it spins. It happened to mine after i installed my coils. Theres a thread somewhere here that says that boot can be ripped slightly when installing coils due to a small sharp metal piece on the lower control arm if your not careful. Are you lowered? Are you first owner or is the car used and when did you get tuned? Sorry for all the questions lol
I dont think its a leak i think its just grease slingin off. or you could be right, i was down there looking at it last time i was jacked up and didnt see any "boot" but there is a rubber Gromit. Ill have to do more research on what it is. im the original owner and never lowered it or anything. havent even taken the tires off yet. Im about to though, got some end links and sway bars to put on. I got tuned 1k ago. but i noticed it before i was tuned. Its literally like 12-15 TINY speckles or grease it looks like when i look down there so.
Sponsored