this REALLY bothers me :/

frankd53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Im a designer (sort of ) and got extreme OCD, so this may be just a meh to you but anyway bare with me here:

the EX-L trim wheel's pattern is clearly designed to fit just ONE side, see my image2 vs image1

you can clearly see the issue, on the left side, when the wheels are rolling, the blade shape pattern is turning with the direction of the wheel. BUT, on the right side, its rolling backward!!!!!!!

if this wheel does have aerodynamic benefit, which i doubt it has or it makes that much of a difference, this is a real bug to Honda.

I donno. wat do you guys think?

image2.jpg

image1.jpg
I was considering an EX-T, and while I never noticed the 'issue' you described , I hated the look of those wheels.... this was one reason I went to a Touring instead....
Sponsored

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
I was considering an EX-T, and while I never noticed the 'issue' you described , I hated the look of those wheels.... this was one reason I went to a Touring instead....
I agree, Honda's worst looking wheels. Looks like something Nissan would make.
:puke:

Abramumum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic sedan LX CVT
Lucky for me, most of my ownership has been with winter tires on, so my caps have been sitting under the stairs for 5 months.

8 months into my Civic, and only this week did i realize that i never took looks into consideration when i was car shopping. I wanted low price + reliable. I whittled it down tov3 vehicles, but not once did i care about the outside appearance of the cars. I only came to this realization when a co-worker said he though my front looked nice. My answer: "uh ya i guess? Thanks?".

It led me to actually take a goid look at it after a wash. Boy, what an ugly back end. But i spend my time nside it, so i still don't really care.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
wow. I am a UI/Engineer and I do not know how I did not notice this. I am getting a Sport Touring soon and this is the same case for the 18" wheels as well. I do not think it bothers me much though. You'll only ever see one side of the rims at a time.
Sponsored