First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took my car on an hour long all highway drive, no stop and go. Got 38 mph thought that was a bit low but did have the air on the entire way . Coming back, exact same way, no air on, Windows closed, got less mpg, only 35.5, I've gotten 44 mpg on a WAY SHORTER TRIP under the same circumstances as coming home tonight.
A month or so ago, I was getting between 36 and 38 mpg while driving around the city here with the air on, and lately I've been lucky to get 22mpg. I had it at the dealer yesterday for an intermittent issue with the a.c.,which of course you guys know they found no problem with and I told them about my big decline in gas mileage, and they had no answer for that either.
Sponsored

Slob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I took my car on an hour long all highway drive, no stop and go. Got 38 mph thought that was a bit low but did have the air on the entire way . Coming back, exact same way, no air on, Windows closed, got less mpg, only 35.5, I've gotten 44 mpg on a WAY SHORTER TRIP under the same circumstances as coming home tonight.
A month or so ago, I was getting between 36 and 38 mpg while driving around the city here with the air on, and lately I've been lucky to get 22mpg. I had it at the dealer yesterday for an intermittent issue with the a.c.,which of course you guys know they found no problem with and I told them about my big decline in gas mileage, and they had no answer for that either.
normally with my civic EX i'm lucky to get my car up to 32 mph on average. Currently have 7800 miles.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
22 mpg? if this is true, clean the trip a and trip b...fuel it with shell 91 or chevron and try it again. If it is still around that number, something is wrong.

My HB sport gets 33 mpg with kinda regular fast driving with econ mode on.

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
38 MPG I assume
How fast were you going? I can get all the way up to 54 MPG if I'm on a non hilly road and going 45 mph
now on my work commute I get 42 MPG going between 68 - 71 MPH
So if you were going any faster I can see where you would get 38/35 MPG. Also a head wind really hurts MPGs
City driving is iffy since there might be a lot of stopping and standing
Lastly what fuel are you putting in?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
38 MPG I assume
How fast were you going? I can get all the way up to 54 MPG if I'm on a non hilly road and going 45 mph
now on my work commute I get 42 MPG going between 68 - 71 MPH
So if you were going any faster I can see where you would get 38/35 MPG. Also a head wind really hurts MPGs
City driving is iffy since there might be a lot of stopping and standing
Lastly what fuel are you putting in?
I was going between 50 and 70. It was wide open for a bit, but once in Philly it backed up slightly, never stopped at all though was constantly moving. On the way back, was about the same, I even used the cruise control though since on the way back there was hardly any traffic.
I use 87, but I use that all the time. I did get this gas from a Valero though and usually don't use a place like that to get gas.

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I agree. That makes no sense. I've never gotten less than 40 mpg, no matter what kind of driving I do. (Haven't driven it in winter yet - I imagine my mpg will plummet along with the temperature.)
Sponsored