saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Android Auto and Apple Carplay have made every other form of car infotainment completely obsolete. Turn on the car, have it auto launch whichever of the two you have, bliss ensues.
When I downloaded iOS 13 I did make a better improvement on the infotainment
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
To be fair, the Civic's UI doesn't exactly look too great either, looks just as cheap if not more IMO (when you're outside of CarPlay).
Agreed it is kind of basic looking outside of car play the UI in my sister Jeep is a little better looking and that’s saying a lot it’s a jeepo_O

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Agreed it is kind of basic looking outside of car play the UI in my sister Jeep is a little better looking and that’s saying a lot it’s a jeepo_O
Their UConnect infotainment is the one thing that FCA got right. The actual vehicles though...not so much.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Maybe it works but it's ugly af
Ha ha yes it is. But works perfect, and Android auto doesn't constantly disconnect like it did in my Civic. But I agree it's ugly

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's nothing difficult about the infotainment besides the difficulty of waiting for the lag. Other than that, I don't see any ease of use issues.
Its not intuitive would be a better word

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Civic is a great car. But sorry, the infotainment is not. My first write up on this forum I complained about the infotainment system. My phone (Pixel XL 2) 10 percent of the time disconnected. Android auto 100 percent of the time disconnected at least once. On other cars I use it on it never disconnects.

If an ugly af infotainment system works great, I'll take it over a pretty one

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
The Civic is a great car. But sorry, the infotainment is not. My first write up on this forum I complained about the infotainment system. My phone (Pixel XL 2) 10 percent of the time disconnected. Android auto 100 percent of the time disconnected at least once. On other cars I use it on it never disconnects.

Amirza, I am 100 percent with you on this. Hyundai/Kia infortainment has been outstanding for years in this regard, while the Civic's leaves so much to be desired. So far (knock wood) the system in my 2020 Si has been working as it's supposed to, even though it is slow and the interface is needlessly complicated, especially its system for playing songs off a USB stick, which is just a bad joke. Android Auto has worked mostly well for me, though it has cut out a couple times so far. If it stays at this level of performance I'll be a happy camper, because I do absolutely love the car, but I do wish the infotainment was even half as good as what was in my 2016 Jetta.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag

See if the dealership has an update they can flash on it.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
I haven't used Honda's infotainment screens prior to owning the 2020, but have used other manufactures. I have found the 2020 Honda controls to be quite intuitive, practical, and not in need of excessive buttons -- because the ones they DO have are effective. The climate control buttons just below the head unit paired with the auto climate knob controller has worked so well together, that I have not ever had to actually access the "climate" options on the screen. The media controls (through the steering wheel no less) have also proved fairly intuitively if I wanted to swap between FM & android auto quickly. Anyways, my two cents is that the 2020 models got it pretty perfect.
I think in 2020 they have the updated color ones. Up to 19 at least the Civics didn't get them Idk about 2020 yet

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
See if the dealership has an update they can flash on it.
I had actually called Honda of America CS around May to see if there were any software updates, they said not for the Civic, only the Accord and Odyssey

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
It doesn't look great but I get your point. For me, the Accord infotainment is almost perfect. Real buttons and knobs on the sides, fast easy to use touchscreen, and over-the-air updates. I had an Accord for a few weeks when my si was in the shop last year and I was really surprised with the quality of the screen on the Accord. It's almost smartphone/ tablet quality.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I haven't used Honda's infotainment screens prior to owning the 2020, but have used other manufactures. I have found the 2020 Honda controls to be quite intuitive, practical, and not in need of excessive buttons -- because the ones they DO have are effective. The climate control buttons just below the head unit paired with the auto climate knob controller has worked so well together, that I have not ever had to actually access the "climate" options on the screen. The media controls (through the steering wheel no less) have also proved fairly intuitively if I wanted to swap between FM & android auto quickly. Anyways, my two cents is that the 2020 models got it pretty perfect.
How do you swap between FM and Android Auto using the steering wheel controls? I haven't figured that out yet.

I will add another improvement in the current infotainment over the previous models -- the steering wheel toggle for volume is much better than the weird slider on the steering wheel in earlier models.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My favorite infotainment systems available are the FCA Uconnect systen and the one in the new Accord. The Uconnect system is fast, easy to use, and looks pretty good, especially that massive 12 inch one lol. It's also been rated as one of the best systems available. I find the Accord system is also is really nice. Would have been cool to have that in the civic. But I really dont mind the one in my Si. With the 2019 update bringing the volume knob and phsyical buttons instead of the haptic feedback controls and also having buttons for fan speed it makes it much better than the first iteration. I'm not too concerned with the lag because usually once I'm on the screen I want, either radio or android auto. It usually stays there. But I also don't have any reason to complain seeing this is my first car with a decent infotainment system. I'm used to old school AM/FM radios as that's all I had in all my previous cars, so anything is way better than that :p
Sponsored