This is the worst car I have ever bought.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So...did Honda give you a refund or did you get another car??
They had to buy mine back for a lot more than i paid for it,and I used that and got a new one. They tried something where they were just gonna switch cars,but the bank said no and it ended up costing Honda a lot more than just giving me a new car.
Sponsored

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2. With my keys in my pocket, I would get rapid-beeps sometimes when I leave the car. It may be caused by interferences with my other keys and an USB drive in my keychain.
This has been driving me insane! I sometimes understand the issues. At first, I'd forget the parking brake because I had a lull in driving MT of about 5 years. Haven't done that in a while. Also notice I get beeps if the key is in my coat/jacket pocket and I lean into the trunk. It's like a "don't leave your keys in here, dummy" alert.

Though, outside of those two scenarios, I have NO CLUE why the thing beeps at me. It drives me nuts.

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
You can always opt for the basic trim level with manual trans and limited safety features and have "fewer things that go wrong".
However, you are depriving yourself of comfort and safety features such as adaptive cruise, remote start, forward collision warning/mitigation.
Understandably some people don't want or don't need any of these if all you do is drive from your house to Denny's or your work is 10 minutes away
I drive on the hwy every day and need all the safety features I can get.

I drive 100 mi/d in a base model 6MT, in all sorts of horrible NE weather. None of this stuff to worry about.
I think we are being sold "a bill of goods" by assuming "adaptive cruise, remote start, forward collision warning/mitigation" necessarily improve "safety". If these devices were medications, they would have to prove their risk/benefit. Since they are in a car, they get a "pass"-the only evidence of their benefit being Honda ads and sales people. In the meantime, they breakdown/act badly and drivers feel obliged to repair them-after all, they paid for them. It's profit for the car manufacturer with little evidence of benefit to the car owner.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
This has been driving me insane! I sometimes understand the issues. At first, I'd forget the parking brake because I had a lull in driving MT of about 5 years. Haven't done that in a while. Also notice I get beeps if the key is in my coat/jacket pocket and I lean into the trunk. It's like a "don't leave your keys in here, dummy" alert.

Though, outside of those two scenarios, I have NO CLUE why the thing beeps at me. It drives me nuts.
Same, my 18' odyssey also does that, I wonder why. Its random and I know I have the key on me when it does it.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 EX-T coupe. Issues with the ac,defrosters and heated seats not coming on with the remote start when they should have.
Lol...serious major problems. Like when you're ordering a latte and they put cows milk in it when you clearly asked for almond milk! The audacity lol jk go to a different dealer

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol...serious major problems. Like when you're ordering a latte and they put cows milk in it when you clearly asked for almond milk! The audacity lol jk go to a different dealer
When your AC doesn't work and its 95 degrees outside, and you have a breathing problem, yes it is a major problem, and I don't need to go to another dealer, I got a brand new car due to those major problems.

Last edited:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda's a/c has always been sketch idk why..and yeah idk cars are luck of of the draw..ive had problems with Mazda toyota Hyundai but my Honda products knock on wood have been fine. I was going to buy a vw but I was skeptical

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
my bottom of the line LX mt NA 2.0 has been perfect except for thin sheet metal. so thin that I've got these little dimples in it on the sides. don't know how they got there. they're not obvious you have to look for them to see them. otherwise I love this car.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
It sounds like you just got a "lemon" of a car. I have a 2017 Touring Sedan. I've had zero issues with the car. I have noticed the Honda sensing for emergency breaking doesn't always work as designed. After reading of issues here on the forum, my go-forward plan is to continue to lease for 3 years. If the car is trouble free as my Touring Sedan is, then I'll buy. In my case I can buy it for $ 12,000 at lease end. I'm just putting away $ 100 a week, so that by then end of the lease I'll just buy the car for cash.

Sorry to hear you got a bad one.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
My service manager said the issue is assumed to be caused by cell phones and other RFID devices you may have on you (NFC is in the RFID family so if your phone has tap to pay...). I know if I have my work badge in my pocket near or "touching" the keys, it will almost always freak out.

The one thing that will do it guaranteed is if you have a S L O W passenger. My son, although almost 16, seems to take an eternity to get out of the car from time to time. I am already some distance from the car and then he closes his door. Car freaks out because I am already too far away. Generally, it works 99 times out of 100 so I leave the walk away system on.

my bottom of the line LX mt NA 2.0 has been perfect except for thin sheet metal. so thin that I've got these little dimples in it on the sides. don't know how they got there. they're not obvious you have to look for them to see them. otherwise I love this car.
Holy frig yes! The metal is insanely thin on these cars. I made the mistake of using a roof rack on mine. Dimples. I also went through a touchless car wash with air dry blowers and the roof made noises that made me cringe like nails on a chalk board. I also get some terrific metal warble/push in and rebound when buffing the hood.

But ya, overall, now a year in, love the car except the crap cloth on the arm rests and the slow ass infotainment system, which I am convinced is just crappy software optimization (I am a DBA and app developer and there is always a better way to do things that uses less resources, time is the cost element though). I thought the no power/volume button would piss me right clean off but not so much. I just want a faster interface. I'd overclock the thing if there was better rooted support on XDA Developers.

Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Same, my 18' odyssey also does that, I wonder why. Its random and I know I have the key on me when it does it.
It's because the car can't detect the key fob. It's a random thing, sometimes you may just be beyond the sensor. I got annoyed by this myself and turned off the "walk away auto lock" feature all together. I just hit the button on the door handle and that's easy enough.

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
It's because the car can't detect the key fob. It's a random thing, sometimes you may just be beyond the sensor. I got annoyed by this myself and turned the "walk away auto lock" feature all together. I just hit the button on the door handle and that's easy enough.
It's not quite so random. I've proven on mine that simply having the fob on a key ring with a single other key causes failure (rapid beeping) frequently while keeping the fob off a keyring in a seperate pocket works over 99/100 times.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It's because the car can't detect the key fob. It's a random thing, sometimes you may just be beyond the sensor. I got annoyed by this myself and turned off the "walk away auto lock" feature all together. I just hit the button on the door handle and that's easy enough.
It's not quite so random. I've proven on mine that simply having the fob on a key ring with a single other key causes failure (rapid beeping) frequently while keeping the fob off a keyring in a seperate pocket works over 99/100 times.
This is true. I had so much trouble with the walk away feature, I turned it off for the first 6 months I owned the car. As a last ditch attempt, I took the fob off the key ring all together and keep it in a separate pocket away from everything. It has worked perfectly for the last 3 months. If it ever fails, it's because the fob is touching some other metal / electronic object.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I can’t help but to notice yet another list of complaints that are all tied to the upper level trim.

Have you talked to Honda about any of it?
More tech = more issues

All I have is Bluetooth connectivity

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen This is the worst car I have ever bought. WSKdtFQ
Sponsored