Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread is now officially ironic.
I lol'd pretty hard. :rofl:

I'm not familiar with any of @Newflyer3's posts, but I don't completely disagree with him. I myself find that sometimes I come off as "troll-like" when responding to some of the more retarded questions that get asked here... But I'll do that in real life too. I'm the kind of person who will tell your if you're being stupid, and generally help point you in the correct direction. I also hope people will do the same to me.

I do find the post/thanked ratio to be extremely accurate around here though. The closer someone is to 1:1, the more likely they are posting relevant information. If you've got 10+:1, then you may be part of the problem :p
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully I can be the voice of reason here. I run an Elantra based website and I have administered our forum for 14 years. The thing I've learned is you need to have a thick skin to be a regular at a forum. People tend to be kind of unfiltered when they can hide behind a screen name. They tend to be more rude then they'd be in real life.

I don't think this board has gotten ruder, it's gotten more active. More members means more personalities and more issues. I do agree that there are some people here who can be rather obnoxious and even condescending but I take that with a grain of salt. Worst case, you can always go to your profile page and put them on ignore.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had admin call me out ONCE (guess who I was being inappropriate too haha) and maybe a few of my posts deleted due to an argument that wasn't constructive or related to the thread. 5 posts out of 1200?
yeah I believe that was my fault for bringing his attention to it :p
I don't think your uneducated though just harsh.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I lol'd pretty hard. :rofl:

I'm not familiar with any of @Newflyer3's posts, but I don't completely disagree with him. I myself find that sometimes I come off as "troll-like" when responding to some of the more retarded questions that get asked here... But I'll do that in real life too. I'm the kind of person who will tell your if you're being stupid, and generally help point you in the correct direction. I also hope people will do the same to me.

I do find the post/thanked ratio to be extremely accurate around here though. The closer someone is to 1:1, the more likely they are posting relevant information. If you've got 10+:1, then you may be part of the problem :p
this thread is ruining my thanked count!:cry:

QCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord '17, CR-V '17
Country flag
The thing that I don't like is people that come on with a lack of common sense, and a lack of forum etiquette. I think noob questions can actually avoid these two problems but posters that post said noob questions are generally too ignorant to know anyway.
'Youre monthly payment thread' I really enjoyed that one :popcorn:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At the very least, this place is entertaining. Can't doubt that.

Can't wait for the post about the density of titanium, highway CVT revs, the lack of infotainment, and the 2.0 being better than the godforsaken turbo that is bound to come.

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
In the off-topic forums it should be expected. In the technical forums, just use the report link and be done. The Admins are pretty good at cleaning up the unnecessary BS.

Here, it's all fair game lol.
:thumbsup: We review every single reported post, so report away folks. The forum gets way too many posts for us to be able to read each one, so reporting posts is the best way that you as users can help us moderate and maintain a great environment.

Just yesterday, thanks to several reported posts, we took action on a few accounts that had developed a pattern of trolling/inciting.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
:thumbsup: We review every single reported post, so report away folks. The forum gets way too many posts for us to be able to read each one, so reporting posts is the best way that you as users can help us moderate and maintain a great environment.

Just yesterday, thanks to several reported posts, we took action on a few accounts that had developed a pattern of trolling/inciting.
We all much appreciate it. We all have our moments so I personally thank you for being mindful of who you ban and take action on. Would you be willing to share who / how many mods there are on Civicx.com? I'm just curious.

OP
OP
Snoopyslr

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Who else searched for SteveGG after reading this? lmao

Honda Civic 10th gen This forum is getting out of hand... 5fcafb4c7077ff11381aea369bf29f2a85c62467b443c7e76cabba5b9c9a102d

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I've personally haven't been on as much to browse the forum myself, but if there are any issues with posts, it's easier for me to review if it's "Reported". I don't usually read each and every thread, so if there are issues that anyone feel with other's post, simply "Report" it so I can take a look and either delete or modify.

Yeah the mods gotta step it up a bit! @timothyjay where have you been lately my friend!?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, I've personally haven't been on as much to browse the forum myself, but if there are any issues with posts, it's easier for me to review if it's "Reported". I don't usually read each and every thread, so if there are issues that anyone feel with other's post, simply "Report" it so I can take a look and either delete or modify.
there he is:nixon: