saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Not a car show but in front of a high school back in 1985 my friend had a 1973 Plymouth duster with a bunch of stupid crap on it actually November of 85 right after hurricane Gloria we were in 12 th grade . He had large tires on the rear ( canā€™t remember size) as we were approaching the school we heard a loud banging noise and a lot of vibration as we turn into the school parking lot the car lean to far to the right and I noticed the rear wheel rolling pass us and rolled for quite some time before it hit the guard house for the student parking lot. that incident was the talk in the school for awhile

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Years ago I was driving an E30 318, and whoever owned it before had put on some aftermarket wheels with what turned out to be the cheapest pot metal spacers I've ever seen. I was driving straight and maybe 25mph, one of them cracked. 5mm spacer, but it was enough to be a problem.

That's how I discovered the previous owner also hadn't bothered to put extended wheel studs on- there was maybe 2-3 turns of thread engagement, so after a few wobbles the threads stripped and off the wheel went. Got a friend to bring me a jack (factory jack broke), limped it home and ordered all new hardware.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Years ago I was driving an E30 318, and whoever owned it before had put on some aftermarket wheels with what turned out to be the cheapest pot metal spacers I've ever seen. I was driving straight and maybe 25mph, one of them cracked. 5mm spacer, but it was enough to be a problem.

That's how I discovered the previous owner also hadn't bothered to put extended wheel studs on- there was maybe 2-3 turns of thread engagement, so after a few wobbles the threads stripped and off the wheel went. Got a friend to bring me a jack (factory jack broke), limped it home and ordered all new hardware.

Hey Hey, I had an E36 318is and hanged out with alot of E30 people

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Man, it was a fun car, but it started being a BMW and a bunch of stuff broke. Power steering leak, alternator, heater fan, stereo, I kept up with it for a while but then I went overseas for a year and a half and left it with my dad- he actually owned it, and said he'd drive it around every few days to keep it going.

Five months in he sends me an email saying he hadn't touched it until then, had to jump it, and then fluids started coming out of the engine somewhere. Donated to charity shortly after.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Man, it was a fun car, but it started being a BMW and a bunch of stuff broke. Power steering leak, alternator, heater fan, stereo, I kept up with it for a while but then I went overseas for a year and a half and left it with my dad- he actually owned it, and said he'd drive it around every few days to keep it going.

Five months in he sends me an email saying he hadn't touched it until then, had to jump it, and then fluids started coming out of the engine somewhere. Donated to charity shortly after.
Understandable...mine was totaled in an accident. I learnt most of my car knowledge thru wrenching on that car.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan ā€¢ 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
ā€œThat bad boy just went ā€˜doinkā€™!ā€ ?

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Yeah... high school friend of mine had a 78 camaro and put like 9 inch rims on the rear (makes your car appear fast i guess LOL) anyway... we were coming home from another friend's house and the car started to wobble, so we drove into the mall parking lot nearby. Wow... only one lug nut was barely hanging on but the wheel was still on the studs... another few blocks and he would of lost the wheel not to mention the damage that would ensue keeping in the mind the gas tank location is there as well =D
Sponsored