Third brake light cover falling off

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Un-Fucking-Believable... Took them an hour and a half to figure out they only had old fucking covers. I'm done with Hamburg Honda, and i seriously seriously suggest others avoid them too. Were I south of the border this thing would be gone under lemon laws.
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
interesting ... wonder if Honda has made a running change to the Si Coupes... we should start seeing issues with them soon especially if people are tinting the rear windows and had to take this cover off and on.. and Summer heat as wello_O:hmm:

Imagination04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
For what it's worth, I had the SB16-099 fix done on my 2016 coupe back in June '17. My car is outdoors all the time and so far after 3 months of summer heat build-up the third light cover is staying in place as it should.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I had mine fixed in the spring and now it's loose again! My civic is garage kept, so I think they just used a BS material to "fix" it in the spring. Calling the dealership tomorrow for an appointment.

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
I had mine fixed in the spring and now it's loose again! My civic is garage kept, so I think they just used a BS material to "fix" it in the spring. Calling the dealership tomorrow for an appointment.
Noticed a few days ago that the red glow at night is creeping in again. Not loose but not a tight fit anymore. Never ending story with this junk :banghead:

lowrysam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (Black) w/ HFP package
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thought I should chime in with my situation. I have a 2018 Si Coupe. First one off the lot. After 3 weeks, same problem. Hanging down on one side. :-(
Nothing changes.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thought I should chime in with my situation. I have a 2018 Si Coupe. First one off the lot. After 3 weeks, same problem. Hanging down on one side. :-(
Nothing changes.
Did the dealer have the windows tinted on your car?? :hmm:

lowrysam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the dealer have the windows tinted on your car?? :hmm:
No. But I had a third party do it a week later. But do we really think that's the problem? I see a lot of examples from others that never had the windows tinted. But, maybe...

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn't it be better to ask the tint guys to not pull it off and just do a cutoff around it? That's what I plan to do when I get mine tinted. I got my brake cover fixed and it's stayed up strong through all 4 seasons so far and I don't want to risk it coming off again because the tint guys pulled it off.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
Wouldn't it be better to ask the tint guys to not pull it off and just do a cutoff around it? That's what I plan to do when I get mine tinted. I got my brake cover fixed and it's stayed up strong through all 4 seasons so far and I don't want to risk it coming off again because the tint guys pulled it off.
Sure, if you want a big square missing from your tint on the rear window. That would look......interesting lol.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sure, if you want a big square missing from your tint on the rear window. That would look......interesting lol.
The brake light covers that spot anyways lol. Not like it'll make a difference when you're inside the car...sure it'll look a little weird on the outside but it's better than having to keep fucking around with the brake light cover falling off all the time.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
The brake light covers that spot anyways lol. Not like it'll make a difference when you're inside the car...sure it'll look a little weird on the outside but it's better than having to keep fucking around with the brake light cover falling off all the time.
You wouldn't be fucking around with it all of the time. Have them do it correctly and you'll never have to touch it again. Mine's been fine.

lowrysam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Follow Up on the 2018 Civic Si:
It was the tint guy's fault. There are two clips attached to the window. I did not know they existed and hadn't seen them in any previous photos. I've attached the photos myself for future reference. Basically, the tint guy didn't slide one of the clips back into the cover correctly. It was a 30 second fix once I figured it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Third brake light cover falling off 20171126_152715

Honda Civic 10th gen Third brake light cover falling off 20171126_152723

Honda Civic 10th gen Third brake light cover falling off 20171126_152728

Honda Civic 10th gen Third brake light cover falling off 20171126_152738