Third brake light cover falling off

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I go back to the dealer day after tomorrow for repair attempt #2. If they don't fix it, it's off to a different dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
89AKurt

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
I go back to the dealer day after tomorrow for repair attempt #2. If they don't fix it, it's off to a different dealer.
You ever see the movie Christine? When the dude drives into the garage, the owner said "you can't polish a turd." That's what we have here, a stupid engineering design, no dealer will be able to fix without going outside Honda protocol.

OP
OP
89AKurt

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just wondering, what came detached from where? If the pegs came off the glass I'll bet 50$ they didn't clean all the old glue off.
All I could see, was the inside of the glass wasn't clean, so good bet that *could* be the problem.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
as the weather warms up, comes the test of our third brake light covers holding up.

how is everyones brake light cover?

temps reached about 34c these past 2 days in toronto and so far the cover is still in place

OP
OP
89AKurt

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
... temps reached about 34c these past 2 days in toronto and so far the cover is still in place
Being an American, had to convert, 93.2°F?!?! It's only hitting the 70s where I live in Arizona.

The salesman who sold me the car called the other day, it's been a year. I told him the recall repair didn't work, and I have never heard from Honda after filing another complaint. It's not high on anyone's priority list.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Being an American, had to convert, 93.2°F?!?! It's only hitting the 70s where I live in Arizona.

The salesman who sold me the car called the other day, it's been a year. I told him the recall repair didn't work, and I have never heard from Honda after filing another complaint. It's not high on anyone's priority list.
strange weather here up north as always...fortunately the temps start dropping back down to 15c as we head into the weekend.

however if my third brake light drops, im either going to make a bracket to hold it up or just rip it off and unplug the light:rant:

scoacha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe 6 Spd
Mine is fine still. I live in southern California and I've seen days in the 90 F range. Additionally, my car is black. I leave it in the sun when I go to work but when I'm home it's under covered parking. I still check it obsessively.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
Mine is still OK after the 2nd repair effort. It's been over 90 this week in Philly, so it's certainly been hot enough.

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag
Mine is still holding strong. Car sits out in the Florida heat at my work parking lot.

DunWithHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Coupe
Well, I want to take back everything bad I have said about Honda about this brake light cover issue. Granted, it is still a retarded design that continues to be assed up, but hey, they totally made up for everything by sending me this seriously cool Honda eyeglass lens cleaning cloth. Unfortunately, it wasn't big enough for me to wipe my butt with, so I had to throw it away, but really, it's the thought that counts. Way to go Honda; after all these months, you finally found a way to make it all right!

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its going to be about 30-40c in Toronto going into the weekend and next week so a heatwave test begins.:beer:

OP
OP
89AKurt

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
... they totally made up for everything by sending me this seriously cool Honda eyeglass lens cleaning cloth. ...
:lol:
I got that too. Have to ask, what is the picture in the background? I was wondering if it's regional.

You get the toy car too? That really helps too. :rolleyes1:

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well guys, looks like Honda seriously fucked this one up. As soon as we got into the high 80's up here mine fell again. Hopefully it's affecting 17's and Si's too, sorry i know that makes me sound like a dick, but the more people affected and the more people complaining means we get a solid fix sooner. I'll be contacting my dealership tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright, couldn't get in today, I've got an appointment at 9am tomorrow. I took it apart to see what failed, and guys with the fix don't fear just yet. I never got the fix, the just installed a new one of the original covers. Hamburg Honda in Niagara Falls, Ontario, very very disappointed. I was told that the fix from SB 16-099 was applied back when I originally took it in.
Sponsored