Thinking about wrapping the R what’s your opinion???

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
I asked the wrap guy your question and he said PlastiDip is oil base, which isn't good for the paint. Plus, PlastiDip comes out "rough" compared to a wrap. Whether you agree with this statement or not, I'm just the messenger. Don't shoot me.

Z.
Ok! I promisse I won't shoot you! :)
Just for general information:
I had plastidip on my car for four years and everything was ok. With Plasti dip Pro line it should be as fine as a wrap.
Sponsored

Adaman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #4373, 2007 Honda Civic Si Tubro (Sold)
Country flag
How much are shops charging you guys? A local one near me that is quite good quoted $3,750 using 3m and a 3 year warranty.

slicksta637

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I wish I could do it myself would have saved me a ton but I actually got it done at http://phenomenalvinyl.com/
Saw youtube video how they care of cars when they wrap. How come we don't have those reliable professional wrappers in IL? so sad... for me I have no choice just do clear bra for whole half front including windshield and just do glossy black wrap for roof.

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
Got my Type-R back today! Finally after 2.5 weeks! Wrapped in Satin True Blue.

Z.

IMG_1839-1.JPG
IMG_1840-1.JPG
IMG_1842-1.JPG
IMG_1843-1.JPG
IMG_1841-2.JPG
Looks great! this was my choice of color when I was going to wrap mine. There's just not that many good wrap shops here in Nashville so I had to back out and they were charging almost $4K for a wrap without taking any parts off the car before wrapping. I kinda wish Premium Auto Styling had a shop here since I follow their YouTube channel and they do one hell of an amazing job with their wraps.

RJD987

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FK2, FK8
I follow their channel too, awesome guys.

Zipsta, Saw your Type R in the background in their latest vids! Will they be releasing a video of them working on it?

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 2016 BMW i8
Country flag
I follow their channel too, awesome guys.

Zipsta, Saw your Type R in the background in their latest vids! Will they be releasing a video of them working on it?
Oh, you saw it?!? Haha! I follow them as well and saw my car too! I don't think they got much footage of working on the car since they were at SEMA and Utah for the wrap give-a-way. But, I think they're going to release a simple video. They were filming when I first got there to meet Daniel and when I picked up the car.

Z.

slicksta637

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Got my Type-R back today! Finally after 2.5 weeks! Wrapped in Satin True Blue.

Z.

IMG_1839-1.JPG
IMG_1840-1.JPG
IMG_1842-1.JPG
IMG_1843-1.JPG
IMG_1841-2.JPG
I thought about wrapping the hood scoop in black. Satin is totally the way to go The next hard part is to see how badly he gets dirty. Make sure you get your products to clean the satin

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Is everyone getting the section with all the little vortex generators on the back wrapped?

Wondering if it’s wise to remove those to wrap, or just leave that little section alone?

I’m wrapping mine in less than 2 weeks. So excited!
Sponsored