Thinking about wrapping the R what’s your opinion???

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Will finally got my type R 2 days ago and I’m already scared about rock chips and stuff. I’m thinking about wrapping the car and the biggest reason is to protect the paint. Thinking about Xpel clear bra for the front bumper, fenders and side mirrors. Then wrapping the hood in carbon fiber to match all the trims and wrapping the roof a gloss black. What’s your guys thought on that??? I think it would give it a more aggressive flow and appearance with the already aggressive stock look while protecting it from rock chips and fading in the sun.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'd get PPF if you are so worried about getting rock chips. If the fear of getting rock chips is in the back of your mind every time you are driving, you won't be able to enjoy it fully imo.

OP
OP
fmoua916

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd get PPF if you are so worried about getting rock chips. If the fear of getting rock chips is in the back of your mind every time you are driving, you won't be able to enjoy it fully imo.
Cars now day paint just ain’t like how it used to be anymore with all the laws and stuff and chemicals changing in the paints.

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 BMW 335i, 10 VW GTI, 17 Honda Civic Type R
Will finally got my type R 2 days ago and I’m already scared about rock chips and stuff. I’m thinking about wrapping the car and the biggest reason is to protect the paint. Thinking about Xpel clear bra for the front bumper, fenders and side mirrors. Then wrapping the hood in carbon fiber to match all the trims and wrapping the roof a gloss black. What’s your guys thought on that??? I think it would give it a more aggressive flow and appearance with the already aggressive stock look while protecting it from rock chips and fading in the sun.
The CF wrap would look clean on the hood. I think the correct type of carbon fiber wrap is the "4D" effect or something? I was looking at different types of CF wrap on different ebay/amazon stores and that one seemed to match best with the trim on the Type R

OP
OP
fmoua916

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The CF wrap would look clean on the hood. I think the correct type of carbon fiber wrap is the "4D" effect or something? I was looking at different types of CF wrap on different ebay/amazon stores and that one seemed to match best with the trim on the Type R
Not sure

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used a paint sealer and a coat of wax on top of that and still have water spot damage thanks to the sprinklers at work; hard water and 100F+ summer got my hood and roof. My CTR is also black so it's a second job keeping it clean. Thankfully the etching does not appear in the sun, only if you hold a light close to it and see in reflection. PPF would have saved this, but I figured a paint sealer like jet seal and a wax coat would have protected it from shitty water.:dunno:

I also have some tiny rock chips in my hood but this is nothing new through out all of the cars I have owned. Oh well.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Although I myself don't have Type R, if I did that would be something I would invest it. I would say to get it.

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 2016 BMW i8
Country flag
Dropped mine off yesterday to get it wrapped.

Z.

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m wrapping the whole thing. Even the black trims with gloss black wrap. The car will go from Polished Metal to satin blue (like the BMW M5 Laguna Seca blue)

Z.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
Cool!
Can I ask you why not PlastiDip instead of wrap?

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice! I'm getting satin blue.

Z.

Zipsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cool!
Can I ask you why not PlastiDip instead of wrap?
I asked the wrap guy your question and he said PlastiDip is oil base, which isn't good for the paint. Plus, PlastiDip comes out "rough" compared to a wrap. Whether you agree with this statement or not, I'm just the messenger. Don't shoot me.

Z.
Sponsored