Things you don't LOVE about the 10gen Si

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
6- AC seems to take forever to get cold cold, I guess once again, I'm comparing it to my Jeep Commander....but that vehicle is an 06, never had AC serviced and it destroys the Si in comparison.
Oh man good call, the AC is gar-BAGGGGE! Above 80 degrees it works its ass off for 20 mins to cool the cabin before you can turn it down a bit. Above 90 you need it on full blast constantly to keep the cabin from being way too hot.

My 11 year old tundra, on original refrigerant, is ICE cold within 2 minutes on the hottest days of the year. Come on Honda!

Otherwise I agree the car is a homerun considering the price.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
The annoying thing is every so often there's rattling and vibration making noises
For what's its worth ive had rattles and vibrations from day one but they have not gotten worse at all in my 11 months of ownership. So that's something I guess.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I HATE the fabric they used for the arm rest areas! It's like it's made of loofah spun into threads. I've had the Si for only about 2 weeks and they look terrible since they basically take off and absorb the top layer of skin from my arms. It's not like I'm grinding my skin on them either, and they still look like they have been used for a few years. It's getting to the point where I just let my arms hang down and I don't rest them on anything.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I hate is that I feel like my 2nd and 4th gear sound like their grinding when I shift into them :/ dont know the solution to fix it.
Apparently, Amsoil Synchromesh transmission fluid works wonders. I’d like to do this for my own Si soon.

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
Country flag
For me:

Poor AC performance, tint helped
Rev Hang sucks unless you granny shift, I constantly chirp the 1-2 shift scaring soccer moms

• Wow
Reactions: JMM

FTD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Overall like the car... would love it if not for:

Throttle issues... uhg. I find the throttle to be disconnected in ways which are totally avoidable.
  1. The on/off throttle lurching when feathering the throttle around 1% is ridiculous. Makes the vehicle feel so unrefined.
  2. Add to that the rev hang which makes the vehicle feel as if it has a fly wheel from a dump truck.
  3. Electric parking brake should have been a simple hand brake.
These completely undermine the sporting intention of the car and make it feel disconnected... this should not be the case in a manual transmission car. No wonder the MT is dying out.

Otherwise I have zero other complaints for a car at this price point.

Last edited:
  • Wow

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I HATE the fabric they used for the arm rest areas! It's like it's made of loofah spun into threads. I've had the Si for only about 2 weeks and they look terrible since they basically take off and absorb the top layer of skin from my arms. It's not like I'm grinding my skin on them either, and they still look like they have been used for a few years. It's getting to the point where I just let my arms hang down and I don't rest them on anything.
On the days I don't have long sleeves, I absolutely HATE the armrest mat'l :mad:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ive only owned my car for a little over a month so here is mine

2019 civic si coupe

cheap and thin paint- but every honda seems to have junk paint
the seats i like them for short distance but longer then 3 hours i dont think so
little bit of interior noise with plastic not bad thou
the car is loud on the road if its rough roads but its fine
factory clips suck big time my bumper has been messed up since i got the car and yes why did i buy it if its messed up well i didnt notice it until a week later when i washed it for the first time
i will agree on the body panels being thin but it seems most newer vehicles have really thin body panels to save on weight or cost

all in all its a great little daily that gets way better mpg then my truck but i will say this. The ones who dont like interior noise dont ever get into wheeling or over landing my truck is heavily modified it makes more noise then most of you could imagine lmao

bigdodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 18 / Civic Type R 19
Country flag
9 months updates:
stereo is absolutely garbage. high pitch sounds are breaking. I don't listen to music much tho. noticeable difference compared to wife's subaru outback. I thought that one is terrible already.

plastic A pillar, plastic upper gauge visor, plastic upper console trim.... PLASTIC touch screen (seriously!?), got 2 scratches already.
at least wrap them in cloth... all these plastic parts squeaks hard when weather changes

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The paint is so soft and thin - apparently this applies to the wheels as well.

I just noticed all of my wheels are covered in light scratches. I've only hand washed the car and wheels, and I've been using my wheel brush that I've had for years. It's never left a scratch on any painted wheels before.

Of all things, why did they put the soft paint on the damn wheels?

I wouldn't be so upset if they bothered to tell us, maybe by putting a paint and wheel care section in the owners manual that made it clear soft cloths and extra care are needed to avoid scratching.

Last edited:

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hate the electric parking brake and the fake front and rear vent things.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
Oh, I left out how terribly Android Auto works in this.....which wouldn't be an issue if I could replace it with a nice head unit, as Android Auto works flawlessly on my Kenwood Excelon head unit in my other vehicle using the same phone. God forbid you ever try to reply to a text by talking...what a joke.

firesyde424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
1: I think, especially from the front, the car looks fantastic! From the rear.. not so much. Having said that, I did buy the SI knowing that I hated the rear wing and that I primarily chose the SI over the CTR because of the SI's more muted styling.
2: Oh dear lord, the electric parking brake. Oddly enough, what annoys me about it is not so much that it's electric or the button for it. What gets me is the noise it makes when you set or release it. If the windows are down, it's like fingernails on a chalk board and I feel conspicuous every time I set or release the parking brake.
3: Having to use the touchscreen to set the fan speed or toggle the AC. Specifically, since it's a touch screen, there's no physical feedback and I have to look down at the screen to see what I'm doing which means taking my eyes off the road. I have two knobs and buttons for climate control settings, why in the world did they design the AC controls to be used via touch screen?
4: The thin paint. My 2019 SI is a special car for me as it's the first vehicle I've ever purchased brand new. In the past, I've always owned small, older, cheap cars and if you ding the paint, who really cares? Even doing my best to take care of the paint, I still find scratches and dings that make me cringe.
Sponsored