Things you didn't know about your Si

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
I just had 'duh' moment. Figure I would tattle on myself just in case I'm not the only one...
Every time I get into the trunk by using the fob I quietly bitch at Honda for putting auto unlock buttons on the doors (which I really appreciate) but not on the trunk...:rant:
Well, just found the button behind the license plate light:doh: If only they made a owners manual so I could have read about this weeks ago:D
Sponsored

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
My favorite "thing I didn't know about my Si" is how fun it is pretending to be Sherlock Holmes tracking down the source of ALL THE RATTLES IN THE DASH after only 5k miles.
Ya, the creaks and noises are starting to drive me crazy. Both my A pillars rattle and somewhere in my dash is another buzz type rattle. I think my sub rear deck is starting to rattle too. Idk how to fix all this crap lol
It's interesting how two examples of the same automobile can be so different in this regard. I do have an occasional buzz in the roof directly above the driver's window, but the rest of the car remains impressively quiet and solid at 5,700 miles. The subwoofer rattled terribly, but that was fixed a while back with a piece of foam. Out of 24+ vehicles from various manufacturers in a variety of price ranges, this Si has been one of the most rattle-free so far. My $43K Ridgeline, on the other hand, has several ticks, buzzes, rattles, pops, and creaks.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Mind to share where to put the foam in the subwoofer area? I may take it in or wait until next oil change and mention it. I always get the "didn't hear anything or happen when we drove it" response. My 9th rattled a lot too.

It's interesting how two examples of the same automobile can be so different in this regard. I do have an occasional buzz in the roof directly above the driver's window, but the rest of the car remains impressively quiet and solid at 5,700 miles. The subwoofer rattled terribly, but that was fixed a while back with a piece of foam. Out of 24+ vehicles from various manufacturers in a variety of price ranges, this Si has been one of the most rattle-free so far. My $43K Ridgeline, on the other hand, has several ticks, buzzes, rattles, pops, and creaks.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

LazySage

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Ya, the creaks and noises are starting to drive me crazy. Both my A pillars rattle and somewhere in my dash is another buzz type rattle. I think my sub rear deck is starting to rattle too. Idk how to fix all this crap lol
Yeah, me too. The good news is that it's only every now and then. Sometimes I'll go for days with no noise at all. Another problem I have which I have not seen in this forum is the sound of plastic in the wind at highway speeds, seems to be coming from the right side, toward the rear window. Fortunately the stereo is loud enough to drown it all out.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
No creaks or strange noise on my side. I sure hope it stays that way!

liquidbluesi

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
capless gas tank, hill brake, heated mirrors and seats, walk away lock, keyless ignition.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
For the general answer lots lol. Most recent is that you can click the button on the left stick an have that passenger mirror camera come on.

SirSalley23

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
For the general answer lots lol. Most recent is that you can click the button on the left stick an have that passenger mirror camera come on.
I love that feature, I tend to use it on narrow back roads so I don't have to look all the way at the mirror to make sure I'm not too close to the shoulder when these pricks with massive SUVs and trucks drive like they're the only vehicle on the road.

I need to do a thorough cleaning of my back window it's foggy as heck and requires me to run the defroster when it's 60 or below out because that plastic where the speakers are mounted decomposes and creates that film on the inside of the back window, you typically see on the front windshield from vinyl and plastic dashes decomposing in the sun, first time I've had a car where that happens to the back window as well.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
There is a feature that I do not understand.
When I park my Civic, sometimes the handbrake would be applied automatically. I read this has something to do with releasing the seatbelt.
I should just learn to keep the car in gear 1 when I park.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
There is a feature that I do not understand.
When I park my Civic, sometimes the handbrake would be applied automatically. I read this has something to do with releasing the seatbelt.
I should just learn to keep the car in gear 1 when I park.

I think it is when you have brake hold on and then release the seatbelt is when the e-brake automatically comes on. Kind of handy but it's also easy to forget to apply the e-brake if it doesn't automatically come on.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love that feature, I tend to use it on narrow back roads so I don't have to look all the way at the mirror to make sure I'm not too close to the shoulder when these pricks with massive SUVs and trucks drive like they're the only vehicle on the road.

I need to do a thorough cleaning of my back window it's foggy as heck and requires me to run the defroster when it's 60 or below out because that plastic where the speakers are mounted decomposes and creates that film on the inside of the back window, you typically see on the front windshield from vinyl and plastic dashes decomposing in the sun, first time I've had a car where that happens to the back window as well.
is THAT what causes the hazing on the windshield?
Huh ... I learned something new today!
Thanks!!
Sponsored