Things I've Noticed About this Car

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
So i've got a 2016 EX-T sedan and after a few months i've started to notice some subtle details:

1. If you have your headlights set to Auto, a minute or 2 after you turn on your wipers your headlights will automatically come on and a few minutes after you shut off your wipers they will turn back off, unless of course it's dark enough for them to run anyway.

2. The trick to stopping the HVAC from running while in Remote Start, it's not JUST turning the HVAC off before you shut off the car, that is a part of it, but there is one more step, before you turn off the HVAC you have to ensure the passenger side knobs "Sync" button is turned off. If you turn off the Sync then turn off the HVAC then shutdown the car the remote start will not cause the HVAC to run, if Sync was on when you turned off the HVAC or the HVAC was left on with Sync turned off or on then the HVAC runs when in remote start mode.

what other small details have you noticed in your time with the car?
Sponsored

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
So i've got a 2016 EX-T sedan and after a few months i've started to notice some subtle details:

1. If you have your headlights set to Auto, a minute or 2 after you turn on your wipers your headlights will automatically come on and a few minutes after you shut off your wipers they will turn back off, unless of course it's dark enough for them to run anyway.
This makes sence it is recommended you have your lights on when it's raining.

OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
This makes sence it is recommended you have your lights on when it's raining.
and it's state law around here that if you are on the highway and it's raining you have to have them on, I just thought it was kinda neat that it's programmed into the car to do it automatically, my other car with Auto Headlights is purely based on the light sensor on the dash.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fuel door panel. If you have the key fob outside the car while you're refueling, the lock will engage not only your doors but also the fuel door panel. If you try to close it, the panel won't click back in place. But if you push in door once or twice and hold it, the panel will click close. Didn't learn that until my second 10th gen. haha

OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The fuel door panel. If you have the key fob outside the car while you're refueling, the lock will engage not only your doors but also the fuel door panel. If you try to close it, the panel won't click back in place. But if you push in door once or twice and hold it, the panel will click close. Didn't learn that until my second 10th gen. haha
I always wondered about that, because I have the Autolock thing engaged, so I've always just kept the driver door open while filling up since it won't try to arm while a door is open.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always wondered about that, because I have the Autolock thing engaged, so I've always just kept the driver door open while filling up since it won't try to arm while a door is open.
Yup. Did the same thing but it sucks when the weather's fkn cold or raining and you gotta gas up. lol.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I believe I found in the infotainment settings that you can toggle this feature on/off as well.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Actually I just let the fuel door lock. when I hear it click, I just take my finger and rotate the locking arm back to the unlocked position.

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
repeet,

I noticed in your previous vehicles you had a 72 Triumph GT6. I had a 71, harvest gold. I loved that car and drove it into the ground. I've been sorta looking around lately hoping to sneak one past my wife into the garage but decent one's are a FORTUNE now damnit!

I also had a '71 Spitfire and a '74 Spitfire and a '69 TR6, bought them all used because I wanted a sports car but was poor. As I recall I spent $1200 for the GT6, $1400 for the '71 Spitty and $1600 for the '74 Spitty which had a factory hardtop too. I bought the '69 TR6 for $1800 and did a frame off restoration on it that took 2 years. My wife wanted a new house 20 years so it went bye bye, sold it for $28,000 to a guy from Sweden.

Last edited:

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Hi Rick, I sold my '72 GT-6 to a collector in Phoenix in 1981. It was that greenish blue. I've always wondered what happened to it. Had I known, I would have put it into a storage garage and waited for retirement.

I've just installed the side window louvers on my Si in memory of the louvers on the side panels of the GT-6.
Honda Civic 10th gen Things I've Noticed About this Car ebay835874

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Or you just need to first open the door, then close the fuel door.

OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Apparently either I was wrong about the remote start HVAC or there is some kind of temperature override once it gets close enough to freezing temperatures because despite having everything set how I have described (which worked all week last week) I went out to the car tonight (with temps just above freezing) and the thing was blasting air at full fan speed while in remote start mode.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you're like me and have trouble hitting the time slider on the headunit while listening to satellite radio (to rewind/fast-forward time), lifting your finger off the touchscreen will only bring you to the channels menu... but if you slide your finger downward to the other controls and then lift off, it won't go to that menu. You get to try a second time without the hassle of having to get out of your menu again, heh.

OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
If you're like me and have trouble hitting the time slider on the headunit while listening to satellite radio (to rewind/fast-forward time), lifting your finger off the touchscreen will only bring you to the channels menu... but if you slide your finger downward to the other controls and then lift off, it won't go to that menu. You get to try a second time without the hassle of having to get out of your menu again, heh.
Honestly, I have Pandora and thats basically all I use, i've had XM in other cars over the years but my drive has too many areas where tree coverage blocks out the XM signal so it's just not worth it to me. It was "Super Annoying, Totally an Inconvenience" (to put a spin on Ryan George's catch phrase) to try to listen to 1 of the comedy stations on my drive only to constantly miss the punch line every day as I take the sharp curve with the trees overhead where as with Pandora as long as I start a new track by a certain point in the road just before losing cell coverage I can make it to the office at about the same time the buffered song finishes.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly, I have Pandora and thats basically all I use, i've had XM in other cars over the years but my drive has too many areas where tree coverage blocks out the XM signal so it's just not worth it to me. It was "Super Annoying, Totally an Inconvenience" (to put a spin on Ryan George's catch phrase) to try to listen to 1 of the comedy stations on my drive only to constantly miss the punch line every day as I take the sharp curve with the trees overhead where as with Pandora as long as I start a new track by a certain point in the road just before losing cell coverage I can make it to the office at about the same time the buffered song finishes.
I understood that reference! :beer:

Interesting though, I don't tend to get too many drops where I moved to. There was an area in the hills where I would tutor at one person's house that had those drops, and that was when I would switch to my music's thumbdrive or sports talk radio on the AM dial.

I do wish they had longer comedy bits, though. I believe Pandora archives all of the ones that come on like those Jeff & Larry roundup channels or whatever, so I understand why that would be a better go-to. I just don't want to subscribe to that though, I guess.

Plus, I'm a flip phone guy for life!
Sponsored