OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Never thought about it but that's probably it. Almost seems like it's more trouble than it's worth if the car gets locked when you go to fill up with gas. Guess I'm just used to pushing a button to lock a car.
just keep any door open, not that hard and it's a guarantee you walk away from your car more often then you fuel up your car so the minor inconvenience of not closing your door while fueling is comparatively nothing next to being able to have a car that is always locked for everyone else but you and you get to treat the car likes it's always unlocked (provided you have the key on you) and not having that "did I lock the car" moment when you get to far away for the remote to work, it's all good the car locked itself, it's honestly (as someone who is paranoid about locking my cars) a bit of a relief to not have to worry, just gotta listen for that single beep that happens a few seconds after you close the door and you know you are good.
Sponsored

Florida_Frank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L; 2014 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
You don't have to hold down the start button like you do on an old key start. You can just punch the button and the starter will engage, start, and release on its own.

You can turn on the side camera manually using the button on the end of the turn signal lever.

willowcairns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Acura TLX ASPEC SH-AWD, 2009 Acura TL Tech
Country flag
I just push the fuel door closed twice after filling up and it closes when the car is locked.

Florida_Frank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L; 2014 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I wish that button cycled between the side camera and the rear camera.
On my 2014 CR-V, there is a "secret" menu button sequence you can push that brings up a hidden menu screen. You can turn the rear camera on so that you are looking out the back while you are moving forward.

I haven't found such an option on my 2016 Civic.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
On my 2014 CR-V, there is a "secret" menu button sequence you can push that brings up a hidden menu screen. You can turn the rear camera on so that you are looking out the back while you are moving forward.

I ran across this video awhile ago. Not sure if it works on the Civic, though. And some of the comments suggest that different models have different button press sequences.

OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

I know if you do the Honda-Hack to the headunit you can have a "one button" setup to show the backup camera and the after market radio in my other car has it as like an Input I can select from so I can toggle it on using that. I would just like to be able to have the button toggle between them, the side camera is great when making lane change in that direction but the rear camera would add to the visibility on lane changes to the left but it's only practical if it's a quick button press away.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I’m not sure how to do it on the higher trims, but on the LX, if you press and hold the preset 1 button and then quickly press and release preset 6, then the power button, you get this menu. Under the camera settings, you can toggle the camera on at any time.
Honda Civic 10th gen Things I've Noticed About this Car A1EDD24B-70C2-4689-B9D5-517FF9D08A15

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Works for me with the Honda Hack. One button press and it shows the rear camera view. Otherwise it's too much fiddling with multiple button presses.

Erin Tyres

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
...what other small details have you noticed in your time with the car?
The owner's manual says:
"The audio system receives signals from GPS satellites, updating the clock automatically."

While waiting in line to leave an underground parking garage, I noticed a tiny blinking satellite symbol at the top of the display. (The same symbol is always on the main menu, but it normally does not blink.) Even though my car does not have the navigation option, the clock is so accurate that I think it is automatically adjusted from GPS time signals.

Also, the car's clock switches in and out of daylight savings time automatically.

Erin Tyres

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
...what other small details have you noticed in your time with the car?
On a long trip while out of range of my preset radio stations, I finally discovered the radio's "scan" feature. I selected it, waited a minute or two, and a list of frequencies appeared. In that mode, I could touch each frequency to hear the various local stations.

OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Something else I recently noticed with all the rain, if you have the intermittent wiper on it's highest speed and you come to a stop the wiper slows down the rate it's moving at till you start moving over like 10 MPH, it only seams to happen when on the max intermittent speed setting.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
So i've got a 2016 EX-T sedan and after a few months i've started to notice some subtle details:

1. If you have your headlights set to Auto, a minute or 2 after you turn on your wipers your headlights will automatically come on and a few minutes after you shut off your wipers they will turn back off, unless of course it's dark enough for them to run anyway.

2. The trick to stopping the HVAC from running while in Remote Start, it's not JUST turning the HVAC off before you shut off the car, that is a part of it, but there is one more step, before you turn off the HVAC you have to ensure the passenger side knobs "Sync" button is turned off. If you turn off the Sync then turn off the HVAC then shutdown the car the remote start will not cause the HVAC to run, if Sync was on when you turned off the HVAC or the HVAC was left on with Sync turned off or on then the HVAC runs when in remote start mode.

what other small details have you noticed in your time with the car?
By "HVAC", are you referring to the compressor turning on automatically? The entire HVAC system doesn't turn on automatically if you turn it off before shutting off the ignition, so I'm asking for clarity.

OP
OP

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
By "HVAC", are you referring to the compressor turning on automatically? The entire HVAC system doesn't turn on automatically if you turn it off before shutting off the ignition, so I'm asking for clarity.
I was talking when in Remote Start Mode you could get in the car and no fans would be blowing any air, ultimately it proved wrong anyway, it worked for a week or 2 then it got down around 40*F and ever since then the fans are always blowing in remote start, even on like 60*F days, they just aren't blowing as hard.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I was talking when in Remote Start Mode you could get in the car and no fans would be blowing any air, ultimately it proved wrong anyway, it worked for a week or 2 then it got down around 40*F and ever since then the fans are always blowing in remote start, even on like 60*F days, they just aren't blowing as hard.
As I don't use remote start, are you saying it has climate controls build into the remote start? Otherwise it shouldn't turn on anything that's off when you turn off the car. Please clarify, regardless of finding out that it doesn't do what you thought. I'm trying to get more information on the remote start features.

EDIT: For the sake of information, the fans will always be on low, so long as the AUTO function is enabled. If you turn the fans (and AUTO) off completely before shutting off the ignition, they will (should) remain off until you manually enable them or turn AUTO back on. I always SYNC, so I don't know if that feature is doing anything I wouldn't want it to do.
Sponsored