Things I wished Honda would have done!

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You can get a rearview mirror with a garage door opener that is non-oem. Looks like Amazon has them for ~$280. I agree, it would be nice to have this.

Meanwhile, I took the clips off the back of my clickers and laid them down flat in the lower cubby, so I just reach down and press. Works pretty well. They don't slide around.
Even better, put a little Velcro strip and affix it to the inside of the drivers side door cubby. Completely hidden and still easily accessible.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
All of the memory seats I have been on for Acura and Honda has the memory settings button on the side, where you can set 1 and 2 on the door.

I think that is the only thing that is missing for a "luxury vehicle." A civic, imagine that.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
All of the memory seats I have been on for Acura and Honda has the memory settings button on the side, where you can set 1 and 2 on the door.

I think that is the only thing that is missing for a "luxury vehicle." A civic, imagine that.
Before buying my Touring, I never would have put "Civic" and Luxury sports car in the same sentence LOL

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Before buying my Touring, I never would have put "Civic" and Luxury sports car in the same sentence LOL
Seriously. If it weren't for some of the pre-release literature, I wouldn't have even dreamed of expecting memory seats. I'm coming from an 09 Civic EX without bluetooth, power seats. or rear view camera. I'm such an ingrate :)

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously. If it weren't for some of the pre-release literature, I wouldn't have even dreamed of expecting memory seats. I'm coming from an 09 Civic EX without bluetooth, power seats. or rear view camera. I'm such an ingrate :)
I'm coming from a Crosstour, and the features of this Civic just smoke the Crosstour lol

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm coming from a Crosstour, and the features of this Civic just smoke the Crosstour lol
My wife starting making noise about buying a new car earlier this year and I was looking at the Crosstour. After reading reviews about it's handling and seeing that Honda was discontinuing it I was very wary. We were pretty much going to go with a Mazda CX3 until the dealer backed out of the previously negotiated price. The next day I read about the rumors of the new Civic here, back in late Oct. I thought about sending a note to the salesperson thanking them for being a jerk and steering us back to Honda, LOL.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife starting making noise about buying a new car earlier this year and I was looking at the Crosstour. After reading reviews about it's handling and seeing that Honda was discontinuing it I was very wary. We were pretty much going to go with a Mazda CX3 until the dealer backed out of the previously negotiated price. The next day I read about the rumors of the new Civic here, back in late Oct. I thought about sending a note to the salesperson thanking them for being a jerk and steering us back to Honda, LOL.
The only thing I miss is the safety of the 4WD in the winter. BUT other than that I don't miss it at all.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's why I got her some winter tires :)
Good all seasons are enough for where I live. So far all we have gotten is 3 inches the other day, that have all but melted now. Nervously waiting for old man winter to make his wind up and dump on us like last year lol

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good all seasons are enough for where I live.
They generally are ok in NJ too, but I remember them slipping a bit on the old Civic. We'll see how the winter tires are. I generally don't worry about snow too much since the roads near us are usually plowed within hours. But her office can be real tightwads and she sometimes has to drive in bad conditions. Since she was asking for AWD for this reason, I figured I'd spring for the winter tires for peace of mind. The tire place near us only charges $20 to swap them and we have plenty of space in the garage to store the tires.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They generally are ok in NJ too, but I remember them slipping a bit on the old Civic. We'll see how the winter tires are. I generally don't worry about snow too much since the roads near us are usually plowed within hours. But her office can be real tightwads and she sometimes has to drive in bad conditions. Since she was asking for AWD for this reason, I figured I'd spring for the winter tires for peace of mind. The tire place near us only charges $20 to swap them and we have plenty of space in the garage to store the tires.
Lucky, I have nowhere to store an extra set, and couldn't affront two sets

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R bitch list
1. Optional 20's and standard 19's If your going to track it buy the 20's If you don't like most of us 19's with with say a 245/35 or 40 19 would make it MUCH better as a daily, and not freak out and pray ever time you see or hit a pothole by accident.
2. Honda lane watch seriously does a little camera add that much weight? it would make the precious safer to drive
3. Heated seats again would adding small heating elements really add that much weight or complexity? especially for a premium 35k car
4. Use of empty switches, a dedicated rev match on off button would be nice.
5. Matching back seats Honda you made the back seat belts red why not the entire seat?
6. Now I,m nit picking since it's a 35+ k car a heated steering wheel along with the seats would be nice. Not everyone lives in Cali or south of the Mason Dixon line.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R bitch list
2. Honda lane watch seriously does a little camera add that much weight? it would make the precious safer to drive
Canadian models come with Lane Watch.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Canadian models come with Lane Watch.
Exactly and wireless charging standard however they also start at 40k+ Canadian.

Lane watch is standard on even the cheapest Fit
The US Type R should of had it standard.
The Civic hatchback has it
Sponsored