mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I found the head unit too slow, obviously with V4.4.
Does the 2019 Civic fast head units and recent Andriod?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a really old thread but two things Honda did/didn't do really tick me off.

1. That stupid bolted on tiny lip spoiler on the upper trim sedans. Why they drilled all those holes in the decklid makes no sense. 3M tape would have sufficed. Now I can't add a decent aftermarket spoiler without figuring a way to patch those holes.

2. Why have a dual muffler setup and then have the tips hidden? The aftermarket tips that fit are junk and even the Thailand OEM tips looks silly from the side (like they are just floating in space).

OK. Rant over.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the head unit too slow, obviously with V4.4.
Does the 2019 Civic fast head units and recent Andriod?
Coming from a 2016 to my new 2019, i can say, while they didn't actually change the layout or look of the infotainment, it does operate a good deal quicker. Inputs are almost instant on my 2019 compared to the 1 second lag my 2016 had on the touch screen reactions.

Why have a dual muffler setup and then have the tips hidden?
I've wondered this myself... my only guess is that the dual exhaust was necessary from a mechanics/tuning standpoint... it really makes zero sense to have dual exhaust and to hide them if they aren't necessary to how the car operates. I know honda said they hide them because (it seems more fuel efficient and eco-friendly than exposed) but with the introduction of the insight and other models like the CRV and Accord having exposed pipes or exhaust openings (accord sport models) i don't see why honda hides them other than to save a few dollars on chrome finishers on upper trims.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I'm with both of you guys, I remember looking closely at buying the touring model and didn't understand at all why there was dual tips that were hidden. Luckily that and the no power seats in the touring coupe made me continue my search for a new car until the Si came out...
Sponsored