Things I wished Honda would have done!

Rickstitans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Please don't get me wrong I love my 2016 Civic Touring, but there is a couple of things they should have done to the top of the line Touring.

1. It needs a Home link for the garage doors. Such an easy thing to add that just makes things easier.

2. Memory seats, It is a pain in the ass everytime my wife drives, and I have to change everything back. ( I know I know, do not let my wife drive it!!)
Sponsored

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Please don't get me wrong I love my 2016 Civic Touring, but there is a couple of things they should have done to the top of the line Touring.

1. It needs a Home link for the garage doors. Such an easy thing to add that just makes things easier.

2. Memory seats, It is a pain in the ass everytime my wife drives, and I have to change everything back. ( I know I know, do not let my wife drive it!!)
I agree that those would have been nice features, but in the non-luxury world, there really is no car that has it all. Yet at the same time, there isn't a single car at the same price which gives you the vast list of features you get in a Touring Civic. It's an awesome car!!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they had not removed the sunglasses holder from the roof!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring. 2008 Odyssey

Supposedly if your wife uses the second key fob she can set settings for that and you can for the first and that way they become "memory". I haven't tried yet. It will alway defer to first fob if both approach car. Article explains it.
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=8712-en

schnoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Honda Fit LX
Supposedly if your wife uses the second key fob she can set settings for that and you can for the first and that way they become "memory". I haven't tried yet. It will alway defer to first fob if both approach car. Article explains it.
http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=8712-en
Wait - is that really a thing? I own a 2016 Honda Touring and I've never noticed a "preference" mode when I get in the vehicle. I just tried looking in the manual and I don't see anything listed about this feature. Can anybody confirm how this "preference" setting works?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Wait - is that really a thing? I own a 2016 Honda Touring and I've never noticed a "preference" mode when I get in the vehicle. I just tried looking in the manual and I don't see anything listed about this feature. Can anybody confirm how this "preference" setting works?
I would assume each person who has 1 of the 2 smart keys sets the seat and mirrors to suit them and as they approach the car with their smart key the car sets up that person's preferences

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Prior owners who have tried to confirm the Driver Preferences feature exists have failed. It's not documented in the OG/OM. Seems the press releases that discussed the feature may "now be inoperative".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring. 2008 Odyssey
I would ask your salesperson to demonstrate how to use it but Honda says it exists.
"Driver Preferences
The Civic EX and above trims come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions. Other preferences include audio system pre-sets, air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings. In the event both owners use the car at the same time, the Civic will recognize the keyless remote that approaches the driver's door first."

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would ask your salesperson to demonstrate how to use it but Honda says it exists.
"Driver Preferences
The Civic EX and above trims come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions. Other preferences include audio system pre-sets, air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings. In the event both owners use the car at the same time, the Civic will recognize the keyless remote that approaches the driver's door first."
It was in a press release, but is not documented anywhere else including the manual. I have a touring and it doesn't seem to have memory. My wife has her key and I have mine, I have to change the seats when I get in.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Maybe it was a last minute thing and they didn't release the final software. I don't see why they couldn't add it in a future update. (This is assuming the computer actually can read and control the mirrors / seat motors). If we had schematics we could see if there were feedback/control lines back to pcm

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A heated steering wheel would just complete the cockpit. Other than that I'm very happy with what you get for what you pay.

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
You can get a rearview mirror with a garage door opener that is non-oem. Looks like Amazon has them for ~$280. I agree, it would be nice to have this.

Meanwhile, I took the clips off the back of my clickers and laid them down flat in the lower cubby, so I just reach down and press. Works pretty well. They don't slide around.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The console tray also works,lots of places to store the remote.
Sponsored