First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noice! Good to know. I'm pretty handy so I'll probably try that. Was thinking about a sheet that laid over the entire surface area of the wheel. Shoot, those look a lot less complicated. Have you had any experience with removing/mounting/balancing your tires? The machine that most shops use to do this... I'd be afraid that it would destroy the vinyl around the edges and make you have to redo your wheels every time.
a few guys had theres going strong still on after 4 years
Sponsored

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe FC3 (Energy Green Pearl)
Country flag
the dealer did it fine no problem it stays on to I pressure wash it as well drove through rain no issues
Awesome, thanks for tha heads up. Your car is pimpin man. Looks good and still clean. Love tha $4 red pin stripes. Aha!

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone else have any advice on the original post? @dldaves helped me out a lot with the wheels.

Going back to my original post does

Anyone know how that person accomplished the black trunk area on the car in the pics? I am really curious about this one.

Anyone have any advice a protective clear coat/spray/bra/whatever to help protect against rock chips and paint damage on the hood and front bumper?

Anyone else know about an alternative to the BMSpec spoiler extension? Something like it?

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thos look like black sport touring wheels. they are black.

blackdiamond

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatchie
Country flag

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thos look like black sport touring wheels. they are black.
Cool, I did not realize that. I just googled 2017, 2018, and 2019 honda civic sport touring wheels. Most of the search results returned the standard black with chrome. Were the all black wheels an option or the standard?

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the dealer did it fine no problem it stays on to I pressure wash it as well drove through rain no issues
That's really cool to hear. I was looking at the vinyl overlays from the link you sent me (thank you) and I was wondering if there is any difference in color or finish from the black area's on the wheel? Do the black colors match? if not, how noticeable is the difference?

Also, at the edge of the vinyl overlays that you sent a link of... can you see any slivers of silver? Or do the overlays cover the silver 100% and it looks seamless?

Thanks ahead of time as I am thinking that that it the route I would take. So much cheaper and if it looks good, why not?

Last edited:

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's really cool to hear. I was looking at the vinyl overlays from the link you sent me (thank you) and I was wondering if there is any difference in color or finish from the black area's on the wheel? Do the black colors match? if not, how noticeable is the difference?

Also, at the edge of the vinyl overlays that you sent a link of... can you see any slivers of silver? Or do the overlays cover the silver 100% and it looks seamless?

Thanks ahead of time as I am thinking that that it the route I would take. So much cheaper and if it looks good, why not?
its exact match cant tell it lines up for exact fit

OP
OP
XtreamX

XtreamX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited: